Song-Based Oneshot•Noen Eubanks•Trust Fund Baby

Requested by SlytherclawNewsie

Summary: Noen has a crush on Bailey, his friend from his hometown that he goes to high school with.
*He's famous in this but still in high school*

Noen POV
I don't want a girl who gets a car for her sweet sixteen
Or spends a stack of dollar bills on a limousine
I want a girl who takes the bus and who wears baggy jeans
Rockin' Nike Airs, what the h*ll are Louboutins?

   I lock the door behind me and jog down the sidewalk, throwing my backpack over my shoulder as I jog down to the bus stop.
   "Hey," Bailey says when I get next to her.
   "Hi." I smile and fix my hair. "You got any plans for tonight?"
   "I got a shift tonight." I nod and look around the empty sidewalk. "Did you have plans?"
   "Payton was driving over for the weekend, so I was just going to hang with him. He leaves Sunday evening, so if you can, you should come over and meet him." I give my best encouraging smile. "Please?"
   "If I'm not busy with school stuff or work, I'll come over," Bailey says with a smile.
   "Promise you won't try to pick up extra shifts? I just really want you to meet him." I give her a little pout.
   "Noen, you know I'm trying to save up for college. I'll try to come over if I'm free," she says, giving me a look. I sigh, and the bus rolls up. We get on and move a few rows back to our normal seat.
   "Yeah, that's fine. But you don't have to save up for college now. You're only 16, you could save up for a car or something. I bet you'll get scholarships for college." I sigh when I see her frown. "Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude."
"It's fine." Bailey gives me a genuine smile, so I know it's okay.

Don't want no fake tan, short skirt, daddy's money don't work
Shop until you drop on the town
I want a smart girl, stronger than her father
Someone who will laugh and tryna fit in the crowd (ah-ow, ow)

"Hey, Noen," a high-pitched voice says. We both look over and see a girl perched on the seat across from us. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight to that French place downtown."
Bailey breathes through her nose, an attempt to hold back a laugh. I rub at my chin. "Sorry, I'm busy tonight."
"We could go-"
"I don't like French, either." I hear Bailey let out a quiet laugh next to me.
"Well, fine then," the girl huffs, adjusting her short skirt and standing up, then walking off.
"That was-"
"Did you see her tan? And her shoes?" Bailey bursts out laughing.
"It was bad."
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but French? How much money does her dad have?" Bailey sighs, done with her laughing. I smile at her flushed cheeks.
"I would guess a lot. Probably pays for her grades, too," I add. "She can't have a functioning brain with how tight her ponytail was."
"Basic. That was so basic." Bailey lets out another laugh as she pulls her Nike-clad foot up onto the seat and begins to tie it again.
"Yeah. Yeesh." I shake my head.

And all we used to dream about
Is getting rich and getting out
Move to the nicer part of town
Where we'd have numbers on our house

Bailey and I walk out of school, heading over to the buses with the throng of other high schoolers. Her phone starts to buzz, and she pulls it out.
"Hmm," she sighs, clicking a few buttons. "My shift got canceled tonight. The manager is training someone new apparently, so I don't have to go in."
"That's great!" I exclaim with a smile. "Do you want to hang out with Payton and me now?"
"Sure." She smiles back up at me. We get on our bus and sit on our bench. It takes off soon after, driving through neighborhoods.
"Remember when we used to dream about getting famous so we could move?" I ask.
"And then our grand plan was to move to Atlanta." Bailey laughs, poking my arm. "We were big dreamers. We'd have a big house that we would share in a nice neighborhood."
"Mhm," I mumble, tossing my arm across her shoulders and pulling her against me.
When the bus pulls up to our stop, the two of us get off before the bus rolls away. We head to my house, and I unlock the door to let us in.
"So, what time is Payton getting here?" Bailey asks after she sets her backpack in the corner of the entryway. I toss mine down next to her's.
"He said around 4, so we have about an hour to ourselves." I walk over to the kitchen and get two waters out of the fridge, then toss one to her.
"Cool. What do you want to do until then?" She pulls herself up onto a stool and looks at me with her nice smile.
"Well, I figured we'd order pizza later, but we'd probably need snacks. I don't have many here, so do you want to go to the store?" I suggest.
"Sure." She hops off the stool. "Let's get going."
"Right." I get the keys and follow her out the door to my car in the driveway. She gets in the passenger seat next to me.
We drive to the grocery store and park, then get out and head inside. Picking out some snacks and candies, we don't stop laughing, even when we get back to my house and unload it all.
"Your laugh," I say, clutching my side from laughing so hard.
"What about it?" Bailey asks.
"It's really nice."