Oneshot•Griffin Johnson•Open to That

Summary: Elaine, Jaden's twin sister, just got out of a bad relationship. The guy had been cheating on her for two years, and it absolutely broke her when she found out and they broke up. Griffin has liked Elaine for a while.

Griffin: hey you doing okay bub?

Elaine: I'm fine hbu griff?

Griffin: I'm coming over to your place with a gallon of vanilla ice cream. Be there in 10

Elaine: why? I said I'm fine

Griffin: "fine" does not mean "fine" I know it's a bit of a rough time so we can watch The Holiday and you can tell me what's up

Elaine: thanks griffy bear

Elaine: love you bunchies

Griffin: you're welcome bub

Griffin: I'll be over in 10

Elaine: thanks the door is unlocked when you get here

Elaine POV
   I sit in the bathtub crying. I'm a mess right now. Jordan, my ex, just called me again to spew his anger all over my life.
   We had been dating for two years when he told me to get out of his out, that we were over. He'd said he had been with someone else for over a year behind my back, and, to top it all off, it was with my best friend. Then, seeing as we are both TikTok stars, he put it on all of his social media platforms that I was a "naive, ugly child" and "didn't deserve love".
   Just earlier, he called me to remind me again how terrible of a person I was. He screamed it at me over the phone, and it hurt so much.
   Tears keep streaming down my face as I sit in the bathtub full up warm water. I had just came inside after getting drenched in the rain when he called, and I began crying so hard that I had an anxiety attack and was clawing at my chest and neck for air. Now I have bloody, stinging scratches all across my chest.
   "Elaine? Elaine, where are you?" Griffin calls out. I didn't even hear him come in.
   "In here," I mumble.
   "Elaine?" Griffin calls again.
   "In here," I say louder. Footsteps come through my room before Griffin enters my bathroom.
   "Elaine?" Griffin asks worriedly as he sees my chest covered in blood. He drops to the floor next to me, and I curl up into a ball in shame.
   "Embarrassing," I mumble. "This is so embarrassing. I look like a mess."
   "No. You don't need to be embarrassed, Elaine," he whispers. "Why is your neck covered in blood? Did you get hurt?"
   "I...uhm..." I look over at Griffin, who looks very concerned. "Promise you won't judge me?" I whisper, sticking out a pinky finger. He hooks his small finger around mine and gives it a little shake.
   "You can tell me whatever it is. I promise I won't judge you," he murmurs.
   I sigh. "Well, Jordan called me right as I got home. He just kept screaming at me about how terrible I was and that I never had deserved someone like him. I just started having an anxiety attack and couldn't breathe, and I don't really remember it now, but I was just clawing at my throat. It felt like I was drowning."
   Griffin looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "Elaine...I'm sorry. He shouldn't treat you like that. That's terrible. Are you feeling better now? Breathing okay?"
   I nod my head and sniffle. "Yeah. I guess my fingernails were just sharp." I try to give him a little smile.
   "Well, we should clean those scratches up before they get infected. Mind if I do it?" Griffin asks quietly. "I'll be gentle."
   "Yeah. That'd be nice. Thanks." I give him another smile. He looks sad as he goes to the cabinet and gets the first-aid kit out.
   "I'll wash it with water and then put some Neosporin on it, okay?" Griffin asks as he pulls out a yellow tube. "It should help the scratches heal faster."
   "Okay." I watch as Griffin wets a washcloth in the tub water and then starts dabbing at the scratches crossing my chest.
   "Does this hurt?" he asks quietly as he works.
   "No. It feels nice," I mumble. Griffin sets the washcloth on the edge of the tub, and I see it's covered in blood. He gets the yellow Neosporin bottle out and squeezes some onto his fingers. He is about to put it on when he hesitates.
   "C-Can I?" Griffin stutters, cheeks red as his hand hovers next to me. I nod slowly and move my hair behind my shoulders.
   "Go ahead." Griffin's hand shakes as he starts to rub it onto my cuts. It doesn't sting or burn, but it just barely hurts when he touches my scratches.
   "You don't mind if I put bandaids on them, do you?" Griffin asks.
   "That's fine. Thanks." He nods and begins covering my scratches in large bandaids. When he's done, he throws all the wrappers away and looks at me.
   "Are you doing okay?" Griffin asks.
   "I'm doing alright now. Thanks, Griff." I smile at him, and I can tell he's blushing. "I'm going to dry off and get dressed-"
   "Oh. Oh yeah, I'll get out of the way. Uhm, I brought the ice cream. It's in the freezer. I brought that one hoodie you like over, so you can have it...yeah, I'll be downstairs," Griffin rambles before quickly leaving my bathroom and bedroom. I chuckle at his awkwardness as I get out of the tub.
   I dry my hair with a towel and pat my limbs dry. I dress in leggings and a Student Council shirt from my junior year. Heading downstairs, I see Griffin pacing back and forth with the hoodie in his arms. When he sees me, he smiles and hand me the oversized sweatshirt.
   "Thanks," I tell him as I slide it on over my head. It's large, going to my mid-thigh.
   "It looks good on you," Griffin says quietly. I blush a little at this. "Want to get some ice cream?"
   "Yeah." We both head over to the freezer, but I trip over his foot and stumble. Griffin catches me, one hand on my arm and the other on my hip.
   "You alright?" he asks quickly.
   "Yeah. Yeah," I say. I'm glad I'm not directly facing him because I'm blushing like a mad person. And he still hasn't let go. "Griff?" I ask quietly.
   "Yeah?" he whispers.
   "You haven't let go yet."
   "Do you want me to?"
   I breathe out. "No."
   "O-Okay." He pauses, then asks, "Elaine?"
   "Yes?"
   "Can I ask you something...important?"
   "Yes."
   "Would you be open to dating someone again? Like, soon?"
   I turn around a little, not enough for us to break contact. "Depends who it is. Did you have someone in mind?"
   He looks nervous when he whispers, "I was thinking me."
   I look up at him, making eye contact. "Then yes. I would be open to that." I get on my toes and peck his cheek. I pull away, and he is looking down, blushing.
"I would be very open to that."