Breaking Down Walls

Now Hazel's reaction wasn't what I expected, but it was damn well near it. I knew she'd be upset just I was hoping for a yes. A no would be nice too. But no Hazel had to be complicated, which I didn't really mind it was what made her so attractive. My backup plan-which I will specify later-would defiantly work.
        I drove to her house, surprise visits seemed to be a favorite for her. I knocked on the door and her mother let me in. The house smelled like spices mixed with hospital. Ever since I stopped smoking my senses had been getting better. Hazel's room was upstairs which I thought was odd, you would assume her parents would make her move rooms but maybe she was too stubborn. I slowly opened her door, afraid of her chasing me out.

        "Hazel? You in here?"

      "Damnit Pudge I told you to leave me alone," she glared at me from her bed. Her hair was getting long again it was almost to her shoulders.

        "Look Hazel I know how it feels to loose someone y-"

        "YOU DON'H EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT'S LIKE! YOU WEREN'T DATING ALASKA YOU JUST HAD A STUPID CRUSH ON HER!!" I felt an arrow-no a spear- go through my chest. Alaska and I may have never dated but I had loved her. Hazel didn't have the right to say what she had just said. I felt like a complete idiot, loser, and depressed all over again. It was amazing how much words could hurt. "Oh Miles, god I'm so sorry why did I just say that. I didn't mean it, I-I-I-," she choked on her words about to burst out crying.

        "Hazel you have no idea how much I loved Alaska! She meant everything to me! You have no right to talk to me like that. I don't tell you how much you loved Augustus because I understand how it feels. I miss Alaska every damn day of my life but I don't stop living my life. Who knows when I'll die or when you'll die! Ms.Grace we need to live our lives to the fullest for Alaska and Augustus! So the least you could do is go on a simple date with me." I gasped reaching for air. I had rushed and let my emotions speak before my thoughts and I felt so horrible. I sat on the edge of her bed gripping at the blankets. I screwed up and Hazel was going to hate me till she died.

        "Y-yes..."

        "What?"

        "I'll go on a date with you for gods sake I thought you were smart Pudge." I turned and hugged Hazel. I wanted to hold her and shield her from our screwed up lives. Her body seemed to melt into mine, she smelt so sweet and felt so warm.

        "Thank you."

AN: Oh yes I made a long part! Hope you guys love it as much as I do. This ship sails on and it sails strong my friends

~Love Bright