New Duties

Michael sat on the throne of the large library that cave had become. He had his legs pulled up to his chest as he stared vacantly around the room. He'd long since lost track of time here and read most of the different books. He knew he'd done what he had to. It was his job as a demigod to insure they stayed sealed. Demigods were expected to die if that's what it took to insure the safety of the world and that's what he did. Or at least... that's what he had intended.

Instead he'd found himself stuck in this odd library, completely unable to fully die. He'd long since noticed he didn't get hungry, or thirsty. Nor did he need sleep or even feel pain. It was to the point were the only thing he could feel was the soul crushing loneliness of the place. It made him miss camp. He missed Ritchie, Austin, Bri, and even those he hadn't spent much time around. He never realized just how much he would miss people were he suddenly alone.

At the beginning he would cry. Tears both for himself and his friends, who he had forced the terrible feelings of grief upon. Now though that was too much effort. It wasn't worth it to cry as his tears wouldn't fix anything and he knew he'd be here forever.

 However he was soon proven wrong in a way he'd never expected.

The moment there was a change in the room he'd noticed. A small shadow shifting at the corner of his vision was enough to make him jolt up and turn towards the movement. Nothing. He stood and made his way to peer around the shelf. At seeing nothing he'd turn back to return to his seat only to be greeted with a tall pitch black figure.

 He stumbled back in shock landing on the ground as stared up at the thing.

"Michael, son of Athena." It greeted voice like gravel. "It seems your duties as a demigod have not yet ended."

He opened his mouth and closed it a few times before giving up, unable to find anything to say.

"Although your world is safe others are not. The Gods have decided to send you to them to assist in any way you can. It is your new quest, to save these worlds. Do you understand?"

Michael stood and nodded solemnly. The creature nodded as well.

"Good. Now be warned, this task will not be easy. It may very well the most difficult thing you've ever done." Michael nodded again his eyes taking up a determined look. "Also beware that you will see many familiar faces, although they will not be the ones you know. Now, good luck child of Athena. The Gods have put their faith in you."

And with that the creature faded away. Michael looked around in confusion before the room began to shudder and shake. There was a loud creaking and then in the middle of the floor was a large black hole. Michael walked over and took a deep breath before jumping in.

In the corner of the room, hidden in the shadows the creature sighed. "Good luck Michael. I fear you have been sent on a fruitless and impossible task." And with that it vanished once more.

A/N: Hey I got a small little (Large) plot idea that I wanted to work with so I'm probably gonna set my one shot books on the back burner for now. I wanted to write up something with a steady plot instead of having to come up with new ideas for each separate thing. Hope it turns out good at any rate. I'll try to update this once a week. I've been writing it in advance for a bit because the plot just sort of attacked me. Well let me know what you think! Peace!