Chapter 4

Two weeks later:

Finally I am not sick anymore. Rowan is starting to get better. Not quite there yet. She hasn't even been able to start school yet. I haven't been to school in a month either so my grades probably suck. I've done makeup work here and there but it is all going to be piled on me when I come back. Corey is feeling better too. He got the mono. Christmas break is here so it's still no school for another week which is kinda good because I am still really tired all the time.

"Hey kids. Breakfast is ready" Ben says.

I leave my room with Rowan. I got my room all nice and set up for the two of us. Two beds, a mix of my furniture and hers and less closet space, oh well. Auggie leaves his room and we all go sit at the table.

"So we have something to tell you guys" Ben says as we start to eat.

We all start listening.

"I'm pregnant" My mom says.

"You're pregnant?!" Me and Rowan say in unison.

"I wanna be pregnant" Auggie says.

We all look at him and he goes "ok maybe not"

"How long have you known for?" I ask.

"About a month." My mom says.

"How long have you known for" Rowan asks her dad.

"I told him right away. Then he said he is moving and not looking back" My mom says.

"Wow" I say.

"Can it be a boy?" Auggie asks. "I want a little brother" He says.

"We'll see buddy" Ben says.

"You moved me all the way to Florida. The least you could do is give me a brother" Auggie says. Everyone starts laughing.

After breakfast me and Rowan go upstairs.

"Are you excited about the baby?" I ask.

"So excited" She says. "Wanna know what I was thinking?" She asks.

"Of course" I say.

"It is like we are getting a baby together. The baby is going to be a little bit of me and a little bit of you" She says.

"I love that" I say.

"Me too" She says back.

"You know we're like never going to be able to be with each other right?" I ask.

"I know. They're getting married, having a baby, living together. All that fun stuff. The stuff we want to do with each other but are never going to get. I accepted it a long time ago" She says.

A long time ago as in when she started dating Ashley.

"I still haven't accepted it yet" I say.

"Just think, one day I will have a wife and you will have a husband or a wife but we will always be together because we are step sisters" She says.

"You know I was googling it and legally step siblings are allowed to get married" I say.

"Dude that is so weird just accept it's not happening and move on" She says.

"Ok" I say.

"Just out of curiosity, do you still love Corey?" She asks.

"I will love him forever" I say.

"Then maybe he is really the one for you" She says.

I just shrug my shoulders. I love Corey and I love Rowan but like I don't know it's complicated.