Chapter 26

We made it to the last week of 11th grade. The first half of the year was pretty boring. The only part that really sticks out to me was going to New York for Rowan's birthday. The last half of the school year has been interesting between Corey and I almost getting back together, Rowan and Charlotte getting together and then Rowan and I actually getting back together. Then my mom and Ben are so close to having the baby. She is literally going to pop any day now. I wouldn't change the way this year went for anything in the world.

Rowan and I decided on skipping 1st period since it is the last week and all. We are currently sitting in the empty cafeteria.

"Do you have any summer plans?" Rowan asks me.

"My dad wants to take me to California for a week. That should be fun. There is no way I can turn that down" I say.

"That sounds like a lot of fun." She says

"What about you? Are you going to go to New York and visit your mom?" I ask.

"No she hasn't talked to me since I came out almost a year ago and I'm not going to be the one to reach out first" She says.

"Aw I'm sorry Rowboat" I say and pull her in for a hug. She hugs me back.

"It's ok. It's her loss" She says.

"That's the way you should think" I say and she lets go from the hug.

"I know" She says.

"Maybe you and I can do a little trip together this summer. We can go to Orlando or something" I say.

"That sounds like so much fun" She says.

Right after she says that my phone starts ringing.

"It's my mom." I say.

"That's weird" She says.

I answer the phone. "Hello?" I say.

"You and Rowan both have passes to sign yourself out of school. Go pick up Auggie and then meet Ben and I at the hospital." She says.

"Is everything ok?" I ask.

"Today's the day you get to meet your new baby brother" She says.

Rowan's face lights up with excitement. She takes the phone from me. "We'll be there as soon as possible. Bye" She quickly says and hangs up. She jumps up right away. "Come on its time to go" She says and pulls me by my arm so I'm standing up too.

We practically ran to the front office and signed out. We quickly walk out to my car, get in and start heading to auggie's school.

"I'm so excited to meet him" She says.

"Me too" I say.

"What do you think he'll look like?" She asks.

"I hope he has curly hair like your dad and Auggie" I say.

"Maybe he'll take after you and your mom and have curly blonde hair" She says.

"That would be so cute" I say.

We arrive at Auggie's school and Rowan goes in to get him. A few minutes later I see them heading out to the car.

"What was so important that you had to pull me out of school today?" Auggie asks as he gets into the back seat.

"We're going to meet baby Ocean today" Rowan says.

Auggie screams at the top of his lungs. Rowan covered her ears. "Are you kidding?" He asks.

"Nope. We have to go to the hospital" I say.

"Well step on it Sabrina" Auggie says and I do as told.