Chapter 30

3am;

Let's just say the parents came home screaming.

"I don't know why you would do that!" I hear Ben yell from downstairs. They must have just walked in.

"Just get over it!" I hear my mom yell back. "Let's get into the real reason why you're mad" she continues.

"Fine. You really want to get into it? You have barely spoken to me since the baby has been born. It's like we're not even together anymore" He yells.

"Then maybe we should just call off the engagement!" She yells back.

"Maybe we should. You barely even looked at my tonight!" he says.

"Good! The girls would absolutely love it!" She yells. Rowan and I both woke up from all the commotion. When they say that we just look at each other with "oh shit" expressions.

"Good!" He yells back and we hear someone come up the stairs and go into their room.

Rowan looks at me "Do they actually mean that?" She whispers.

"I don't think so. They're just angry and probably a little drunk" I whisper back.

"Go to sleep. It won't matter in the morning" She says and rolls over in her bed. She seemed a little upset.

I roll over too. That's when I hear the other person walk upstairs. Whoever it was opened our door to check on us and saw we were "sleeping". They leave and go into their room.

"You're sleeping on the couch" My mom says.

"I was already planning on it" Ben says.

He was in the room for another minute and then I hear him go downstairs.

I get up and go over to Rowan's bed.

"Can I lay with you?" I ask.

"Yeah" she says and her voice cracks a bit.

I get into bed and cuddle up next to her. I look down and I see a tear coming down her cheek.

"Rowboat. It's ok. They won't be fighting in the morning" I say.

"It's not that" She says.

"Then what is it?" I ask.

"They're never going to break up and we're never going to not have to hide our relationship and how much of that can we both actually take" She says.

"It's ok" I say and pull her closer to me. "One day we won't have to hide. I just know it" I say.

She rolls over to face me. "I love you" she says

"I love you too" I say and she gives me a small peck on the lips.