Chapter 29

{Over the next few days I'll be publishing the last four chapters of this trilogy. All of them are already written so it won't be a situation where I don't update for another year. Welcome to the beginning of the end ❤️}

1 month later:

Rowan and I are laying in our beds separately right now watching tiktoks and sending them to each other from across the room. This is a daily occurrence in our lives. I love hearing her little laugh and then getting a notification .2 seconds later.

I was just about to send her a funny one of a kid falling off a swing when someone knocks on the door.

"Come in" I yell.

"Hi girls" my mom says as she opens the door.

"Hi mom" I say.

"Would you two want to do me a huge favor tonight?" She asks.

"What's up" Rowan asks.

"Would you want to babysit Ocean tonight? I want to take Ben out on a little date for our two year anniversary" She says.

"Oh my gosh that would be so fun" Rowan says and jumps up.

"Yeah that would be fun" I agree.

"Great. We're leaving at 6 and taking Auggie to Ben's parents" She says.

"Sounds good" I say.

"Thank you" She says and closes the door.

"Sabrina" She starts.

"Yeah" I say.

"We can pretend to be parents together tonight" She says.

"We've wanted this since we found out about him" I say.

"I know I can't wait"

Rowan and I have never been left home with Ocean before. My mom has been here 24/7 since he has been born. This is pretty big for her and us. He has had her undivided attention. It's sort of been straining everyone's relationship with her in the house. I don't even think I've seen her kiss Ben in the past month and I know Auggie has been feeling the effects of not being the littlest in the family anymore. This date will be good for them.

* * *

"Alright so his milk is in the fridge and everything else is in our room. He is sleeping now but needs to be feed in an hour and then again every two hours" She says to us and hands me the baby monitor.

"We got it mom don't worry" I say.

"Alright we'll see you later" She says.

"Thank you again" Ben says and they walk out there door.

Once the coast was clear I turn to Rowan. "We're finally alone" I say and give her and tight hug.

"It's been too long" she pulls away from the hug and gives me a peck on the lips.

Auggie has been up our asses since baby Ocean has been born. He loves having a little brother but as of right now he is still too little according to him.

We head upstairs to our room and sit on my bed. I set an alarm on my phone for an hour to make sure we feed Ocean. He is asleep in our parents room right now.

"What should we do?" I ask Rowan.

"I just want to kiss you" she says and comes over and straddles my lap.

"I want to kiss you even more" I say.

She kisses me and I feel her hands crawl up my bad then get tangled up in my hair.

A couple moments later the baby monitor goes off. There is always someone interrupting us.

She pulls away and says "I got it."

"Don't worry I will" I say and she gets off my lap.

I go into my moms room and pick up Ocean. He was wide away. He stops crying once I pick him up.

"You couldn't have slept 5 more minutes?" I ask and he just stares at me.

I walk back into our room. "Look whose up" I say.

Rowan gets out of the bed and comes over.

"He's lucky he's cute" She says.

"Very" I say.

"Want to hold him?" I ask.

"Sure" She says and I hand her the baby.

We sit in my bed and turn on a tv show to watch. We just waited around until it was time to feed him.

At the end of the episode Ocean starts to get fussy. I check the time and it was time for him to eat. We both head downstairs and Rowan starts warming the bottle up for him.

I tried to give it to him but he would not take it. He just kept crying.

"What do I do?" I ask Rowan.

"He's probably so use to your mom feeding him" She says.

"I don't know how to fix that" I say.

"Here let me try something" Rowan says and starts playing a soft song from her phone. It distracts him just a bit and he ends up taking the bottle.

I stood there rocking him to the song while he ate. A couple moments later Rowan comes up behind me, puts her arms around my waist and rocks with me.

We're going to have a perfect little life together. I just know it.