Chapter 22

{New Rowbrina story out now titled "points". Check it out if you want. We're gonna make this one a little bit more mature 👀}

"What did you and Corey talk about today?" Rowan asked me.

We were sitting on the floor and I was painting her nails. She never has her nails painted and I wanted to see what it would look like on her. We chose light blue for her color.

"He knows about us" I say.

"How?" She asks and I could tell she got a little uncomfortable.

"He saw us holding hands at lunch. He said he's known for a while before that though. He found that note you gave me when you left for New York over the summer" I say.

"Oh." She says. "Did he say anything bad?" She asks.

"No. He just asked how it worked with our parents and then I told him I cheated on him and he didn't really care. I also told him about the expiration date and he told me all he is hearing is that he still has a chance with me" I say.

"Would you ever date him again?" She asks.

"I don't know. I'll see what happens in the future. After college I'll start thinking about marriage and jobs and all that grown up stuff" I say.

"Ok but when you look at marriage do you see yourself with a girl or a guy" She asks.

"I guess a guy because that's what i always imagined for myself" I say.

"We'll keep your options open" She says and as she does Auggie walks in.

"What are you two doing?" He asks and acknowledges the nail polish bottle in my hand.

"I'm painting Row's nails" I say.

"But she never paints her nails" He says.

"I wanted to try it" Rowan says.

"Can I try it?" Auggie asks.

Rowan and I look at each other.

"Sure buddy!" She exclaims. "Want to match colors?" She asks.

We saw his eyes light up and he quickly comes and sits with us.

"Hmmm..." he starts while going through my colors. "I think we are going to match because I want to do light blue for baby Ocean"

"That sounds perfect" I say. "I'll be done with Rowan's nails in two minutes then I'll do yours" I say.

"Ok" He says.

Once I finish Rowan's nails, I move on to him.

"Are you excited for the baby?" I ask him.

"I am. Mom said him and I can share a room if I want." Auggie says.

"Do you want to" Row asks.

"I do. It'll be so cute. He has to sleep with mom and dad for a while though" He says.

"Do you know if they have started buying baby furniture yet?" I ask.

"Not yet. Grandma got them a crib as a present but hasn't given it to them yet" Auggie says.

"What color is it?" Rowan asks.

"It's brown" He says.

"That's so cute." she says.

"Alright Auggie, we're almost done with the first coat" I say.

"It looks so good!" He exclaims.

"Thank you" I say and smile.

After the second coat he stands up and smiles.

"Thank you Sabrina!" He says and hugs me.

"You're welcome" I say and hug him back.

"I want to go show dad" He says and runs out of the room.

I give Rowan a look.

"It will be fine" She says.

We walk out of the room and head downstairs.

"It looks so good honey!" I hear my mom say as we're walking down the steps.

"Thank you!" Auggie says.

"It looks really good, Sabrina" Ben says to me.

"Thank you" I say.