Wrong-place

Yoojung POV

I never expected so many options in a college mess. For all, I have seen my prior school canteen had not more than two food choices – eat or not eat. The melancholic soup and emotionless dumplings never change their form nor attitude.

I've been trying hard to hide the faces doyeon has been making ever since started eating. Well, I've been suppressing a lot too. "Did you not like it?" sohye seems pretty surprised by the response of doyeons sensitive palate reflecting on her face and sounds.

"She likes the food. These expressions are involuntary. Expressions that you don't even imagine would portray on that face with tasty foods like this. I hear this whenever either of our mom plans to make something special" I assure her.

The campus tour was pretty tiring and confusing. For all now, I've only planned to remember the route to the engineering building and mess. Survival first. I'll follow the thickest spectacles to find the library. And for lecture rooms, I'll follow the lead. And I don't find shame to ask for routes the next four years till the day of graduation.

After lunch, I am supposed to sit for the first class. " meet me at the cycle parking." I waved at sohye and Doyeon before trying to relocate the block. 

In 5 minutes I find myself standing in between two similar white buildings opposite to each other. "was it this... or this one" I don't remember seeing another twin opposite earlier since I was so into one... now which one was that.

"Are you gonna buy it?" A base pitched voice took me by surprise to jump away from its origin. a tall build with a face... hard to recognize under the blazing  2'oclock sun. 

"Whoa..at?" 

He moves away from in front of the sun to my vision. Oh! he's one of those boys earlier, in the hall. "You look at it like you have plans to buy this building. I can speak t., my uncle and get you discount" he lowers down his head to my height and gives a wink.

"I..I was trying to...identity which one belongs to my department."

"Ooh..  my department...huh". "It's here" he points to the building at my left.  He was too close to me and the tension was too high, so I ran to the direction he pointed at. Inside, he tailed along and whispered: "since I showed you my department, I could show you the classroom too..."

"but aren't you sitting it the senior classes? " 

"oh!! no. I am a senior. yeh, but I am taking the junior classes" 

wait, is he playing me? "I haven't taken these classes, dear. I'm here because I need them" he pulled up his pinky finger to promise he is telling the truth.

inside the classroom, I found many junior kids. maybe he needed the class. But I don't see anybody from my batch. Am I in the wrong place? but the room says it is for the first batch. or.. yeah.. maybe. I picked up space on the second bench and dropped my bag, but I found the bag being taken and travelled to the last bench. and placed to the seat near the tallboy. "I need a company". 

what can I tell him, I am surely not gonna see the anything from here. the blackboard is too far away. I ran up the galaxy hall to find my bag "I need to sit there....." And he gives me a scrutinizing look "Nooo".

Fine, I'll pass this now. I don't want to make a mess of the excitement for the first class. I'll make sure to sit in the front row tomorrow.

By the time I settle down near him, another boy came to sit near me. "You!!" It is him, the blondie who challenged me to rap. 

he looks surprised and doubtful "why are you here? arent you supposed to...."

"I helped her.. here" the tall one interrupted with a smile"making new friends". 

the blondie looks at me with a suppressed smile.

"I never asked for friends" 

"I give it for free" he smiles again " by the way I am the most handsome Kim Taehyung. call me tae and he is Park jimin "

I let out a sigh and think about how I am unintentionally stuck up with the two weird people who call themselves senior and taking junior classes.

And where are those kids I followed during the orientation? I sit at the edge of the seat still unsure about being there. should I  confirm once more? while about to stand up and check, the professor comes in and all stands up wishing him.

"Hi everyone, I am Parkson. I'll be in charge of your major homeroom. we will slowly know each other and put the deal on our business." he says funnily. It looks nothing how I expected an engineering professor would look like. maybe because it is SNU.

Then the most shocking thing happened. he took chalk and turned around wrote this word that I rubbed my eyes again and again to read...' BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION'

"What?"

I heard a laugh at my right "I couldn't help it" jimin was shaking up in his seat of laughter. I gave a glare mixed of surprise and shock to the tall kim tae... who lied me at first hand.

I have nothing to do here I should get out of here. but then the professor was already giving out large complicated sentences. I quickly took my bag from the desk and slid down from the seat to the floor.

"You lied to me" I whisper yelled at Taehyung

"I never lied... I just told you.. this is my department" he showed me a surprised face that I tried hard not to punch at. but then. yes...

"I..I was trying to...identity which one belongs to my department."

"Ooh.. my department...huh". "It's here" he points to the building.... and I ran in.. not thinking of another second. "

i just sit there and facepalm myself