Chapter 18-the end?

It had been two weeks of me and Ricky just making love or cuddling. Ever since he'd became my husband, things had felt more permanent and solid, and I knew that he'd be there for me no matter what. I knew he felt the same, which just made me happy. He kept clinging onto me, but i wanted him to, so it didn't bother me. It just made me happier.

"'Mmm...Chrissy? Baby?" He asked me whilst we were cuddling on my couch watching a film. "Yes My love?"
"How come Lucien hasn't given us another job?" I was baffled, i didn't expect Ricky to be..enthusiastic about getting a job. Especially one off of Lucien. "I'm not...sure. Why?"
"I'm kinda bored...don't get me wrong, I love cuddling with you and being with you all the time but..."
"I know what you mean baby. I'll see what I can sort, alright?" He smiled and nodded and I kissed his head, resting my head on top of his and closing my eyes, just relaxing.

Something strange happened, Lucien literally just walked into my house and he looked really upset. "Guys, it's Devin." I looked at Lucien alarmed. For all his flaws and faults, me and Ricky still loved Devin...even if he was a little shit most of the time. "What's he done?"
"He keeps breaking down, a side effect from the treatments I've been giving him to fully remove Lilith's influence. He keeps asking for you two, his "demon princes" and he won't eat."
"So he's dying?!" Ricky said, his eyes widening in shock. I felt for Ricky, he got attached easily and i knew how much this would fucking destroy Ricky.

Lucien shrugged and me and Rick glanced at each other, our thoughts and desires in sync. "Take us to him, please?" He gave us a weird non-descript look before speaking in Latin and the next thing we knew, we were at Dev's, and he was laid on the couch crying his eyes out. Ricky, the adorable little goth he is, ran up to Devin and squeezed the life out of him, making me laugh as they both spoke and cried. "I feel sorry for Devin."
"Why?" I said, raising my eyebrow in confusion at Lucien, my old boss. "The hardships he's faced. I may not...like mortals, but something about him made him more susceptible to demonic influences."
"So what are you telling me?" I was completely lost. So was Devin a 'mortal' or not? Shit this sounded like some Harry Potter crap, asking if Devin's a 'mudblood' or not. "He's not fully human, but I can't pinpoint what he is, exactly. Whatever it is made him physically unable to resist Lilith." He spat, looking at Devin and my hubby.

"And that means...?"
"That there's going to be a huge problem when we get back to hell. You and Ricky would've already caused a stir, but this with Devin adds to it." I sighed. Of fucking course me and Ricky couldn't get a fucking normal ass honeymoon. We may be demonic royalty and shit, and assassins, but we deserve to have our free time. Ricky helped dev up, walking over to me and Dev literally fell into my arms. I wrapped my arms around my best friend as he cried. It wasn't his fault, yeah okay, he did shoot me and tried to kill Ricky so I was still pissed, but who wouldn't be? "I-I-I..."
"Shh, it's okay Dev..." I whispered, hugging him tightly as he hugged me back, crying.

"I am so s-s-sorry!"
"It's fine it'll all be fine, Dev come on, calm down." He nodded and a few hours later, we were back to how we used to be, drinking, laughing and joking around. It felt good to have my best friend back I had missed him loads. I didn't fully trust him for obvious reasons, but we were close again and I'd missed it. Besides, Ricky was gonna be safe now that Dev was back to normal, thank fuck.

"Shit." I muttered as my phone went off. And when I checked it...yep, Lucien. Rick looked at me and sighed before he smiled at Devin. "Hey, Dev? Sorry man, but I've gotta go...we'll be back soon, alright?" He nodded at Ricky and gave us both tight hugs before we left, running to our house and grabbing all the shit we needed. Ricky looked at me with a glint in his eyes as he pressed his lips against mine, pinning me against the wall. I kissed him back, running my hands along his beautiful body.

"What's it this time?"
"Oh you're gonna love this. It's another family smuggling drugs in." He smiled at me and I smiled back as we left mine and climbed up to the rooftops before we ran and jumped along each one, laughing as we felt free. I mean, I knew technically we weren't and if either of us made a mistake; we be in jail for life. But that only heightened the adrenaline rush and the thrill we got each time we killed. I mean, I knew it was wrong, but I didn't care because this was what I was good at, and I enjoyed it. Slightly.

We crouched on the rooftop next to the house and I kissed Ricky quickly before we saw Vinny join us, a smile on his face. "Just like before." He chuckled, crouching next to us. We smirked at each other and got ready to go into the house. Just like before.
___________________________
(985 words)

I'm thinking of making another book for this series, but from Devin's point of view, i don't know if I should do it, what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed it vote, comment and follow me guys you're all amazing by the way. 🖤🖤