Chapter Thirty-Eight: Healing Wounds

Error's POV:

I jumped as I heard the door open. I immediately relaxed upon seeing Nightmare and Cross's face. I picked Dream up and headed over to them.

"Error! Dream!" They exclaimed and ran over to us. Nightmare took Dream as Cross examined me.

"Geez guys your going to wake Dream up." I joked. They let out a few chuckles before turning serious.

"Are you guys okay?" Cross asked.

"Dream is. I took any beatings from Fate." I replied. I looked to the door to see Horror and Ink coming in.

"We found where Fate is but..." Horror trailed off.

"But?" Nightmare asked, growling slightly at the meantion of Fate.

"She's asleep... but there's blood coming from her mouth and there's some on her clothes..." Ink finished. I covered my mouth in shock.

"D-Do you know if she will be okay?" I questioned. They looked at me like I was insane.

"Why do you care? Error, she tortured you." Cross wondered. I teared up.

"She still raised me... Besides, she's grieving... She only started torturing me when her sister died..." I explained.

"Let's get you guys home to heal..." Cross suggested.

"C-can I do something first?" I whispered.

"Go ahead. We'll be waiting outside." Horror replied. I nodded, leading to them walking away. I opened a pannel, getting a sheet of paper and a pen out. On it I wrote something, then placed it down. I ran outside to catch up with the others.

.

.

.

.

I shivered as Killer applied healing magic onto my wounds, Blue looking over Dream beside me.

"What Did she do to you to cause this many wounds?" Killer asked worriedly.

"I-it's not her fault... she's grieving..." I whispered.

"Grieving?" Blue wondered, covering Dream up with a blanket.

"Her Sister Destiny died by illness... they were close... She said during one beating that she did it because I don't have healing magic..." I said.

"Even While grieving, never hurt others. It leads to more pain than happiness." Dust said as he entered the room.

"I wonder if she's okay though... from what Horror said I can't help but worry... Fate and Destiny raised me..." I muttered, mostly to myself.

.

.

~POV switch to Fate~

.

.

I walked into the basement to see it empty. I was about to head back upstairs when I saw a note. I headed over to it and picked it up before reading it.

"I know you hate me. I'm sorry I couldn't save her. I'm not sure why I don't have healing magic. My best guess is the condition you guys said you found me in caused it. I'll always care for you though. I've left only because you said to never stick around if it turns abusive. I can never hate you though. You and Destiny raised me. I don't know why you hate me, so I can only assume it's because you're still grieving. That doesn't matter to me. I'll always care for you. You're like an aunt to me, and always will. ~Love, Error." 

I finished reading the note aloud. Tears were coming down my face as I smiled softly.

"I accepted her death a long time ago... I just don't want you to be hurt when I die..." I whispered.

I dropped the note as I fell to my knees, coughing up blood. Eventually, everything went black.