Izzy and Jace's faces both lit up when Alec met them in the training room. 

"What happened?" Izzy jumped in. "Were you with Magnus?"

"Settle down, Izzy. Yes, I was with Magnus."

Jace interrupted, "I thought you said there was nothing between you two?" He had a knowing smirk on his lips. 

"I may have lied, which I'm sorry about. I just wasn't sure if I was ready to admit my feelings for him yet, but this morning, I asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend."

Jace and Izzy looked at each other with identical smiles.

"Well? What did he say?" Izzy asked, the excitement evident in her voice. 

"He asked me if I wanted to be boyfriends, and I told him I only wanted to if he did, and that was that."

"Alec, I hate to bring down your mood, but how far are you and Magnus going to take this? I mean, what's going to happen when Mom finds out? You know she won't be happy," Jace said, the smile falling from his face. 

"I don't know, Jace. All I know is that Magnus and I have something. How I feel when I'm with him, I've never felt this way before. I don't want to lose that." 

"I just don't want to see you get your heart broken." 

"I won't. I think Magnus and I really have something here." 

With that, the trio began to train and spar. Clary joined him a few minutes after. 

********

Alec's phone buzzed. He looked down and saw Magnus' name appear on the screen. With a smile, he answered.

"Hey!" 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jace nudge Izzy and motion toward him. They both smiled, making Alec roll his eyes. 

"Alexander. I have a location for Iris. She's in New York, in Queens actually." 

"Are you sure she's the one behind the attacks?" 

"There's no doubt in my mind. We can go now and stop all this." 

"Okay, I'll tell everyone else. Want to come by and explain what you've found to all of us?" 

"Of course. I'll also be joining you on the mission. See you in a bit." 

"Magnus, wait!" But it was too late. Magnus already hung up.

"Well, what was that about?" Jace asked as soon as Alec took the phone from his ear. 

"Magnus is on his way, and he knows where Imogen is."

"Well, that good, right?" Clary asked.

"Yeah, but he also wants to join us on the mission."

"Alec, what's wrong with that? He might be able to help. He does know Iris after all." 

At that moment, Alec got a text from Magnus saying he was outside.

"He's here. I'll go get him and we'll meet you in the Ops room." Alec then ran to the front doors of the institute. Magnus smiled at him when he opened the door. 

"Magnus." Alec said, caught up in Magnus' beauty yet again. 

"Alexander," Magnus replied. "Are you going to let me in?" He asked with a small laugh. 

"Oh! Yes, of course," Alec stepped aside to let Magnus in. Magnus gave him a quick hug before letting his hand fall into Alec's and allowing Alec to lead him to the Ops room and join the rest of the group. 

Izzy glanced at Magnus' and Alec's intertwined hands and smiled. 

"Well, Magnus. Tell us what you know," she said. 

********

"Are we ready?" Alec asked as everyone went through their final weapons checklist in their heads. 

"Ready," Jace, Izzy and Clary chorused. 

Alec nodded and turned his head to Magnus, "Are you sure you want to come?" 

"Of course, Alexander. Iris is a warlock, and being a warlock myself, I think I could help you," Magnus said. He gave Alexander a peck on the cheek, which of course made the Shadowhunter blush. 

The Shadowhunters and Magnus all portaled near Queens, where Magnus had heard where Iris was. They went into the building Magnus led them to, seraph blades out and ready, and Izzy had runed cuffs on hand that would stop Iris from using her magic. 

It happened quickly, almost as if Iris was expecting the Shadowhunters' arrival. A ball of fire shot at the Shadowhunters as they entered. Magnus stepped forward and protected him with his own magic. 

"Told you I could help," he couldn't help but whisper to Alec. "Iris, it's Magnus. We just need to talk to you about a couple crimes toward Shadowhunters that go against the Accords. 

"I know what I did, and I had my reasons," Iris' voice echoed. 

Magnus stepped forward, "You're not exceptional. You have to follow the Accords, just like the rest of us."

"I am not told what I can and cannot do by Shadowhunters!" she spat the last word like a curse. With a screech, another fire ball came flying, this one faster than the first. Magnus didn't have time to react. He heard the flame hit someone behind him. He knew the voice of the "Oof" that came from the person's mouth and didn't want to look. 

When he did turn, he saw Alec on the ground, and Jace on his knees next to him. Magnus could feel the anger build in him. He resisted the urge to run to Magnus and turned his anger to Iris.

"Bad move, Iris," Magnus said in an angry whisper.