CHAPTER 46: FINDING ANN

After leaving Abeh's realm I make a quick stop and head down to Oken to the last place I remember seeing her, the streets of Orion. I take the form of an old woman and calmly walk out into the well-lit vibrant street from the dark alley.

Now, to make this a little fun. I decide not to use my search magic and just go with the flow of the night. Drunk laughter fills the air and the stench of lust doesn't fall that far behind... Sigh. Mortals, always trying to satisfy the flesh and forgetting what is really important.

I make my way down the streets until I reach the red light district of the city where, if I was to guess, Pane probably visits more times than Oken's most sex crazed being. Walking into the district, I get strange stares from the mortals around me, probably thinking 'what's this old lady doing here, is she looking to have a good time?' Some of them even had the nerve to approach me...

"Hey there miss, are you lost?" The biggest of five men asks walking up to me. I ignore him and walk around him and his goons. "Oh? Maybe she's deaf. Poor thing."

"Hey boss, I didn't know you had a soft spot for grannies." Goon 2. "I don't." He gives off a little malice to which, again, I ignore.

"Then we bag her?" Goon 3

"Like you even have to ask. Let's follow her and get her when she's alone." The leader of the group gives an order and they follow me from a distance. Sigh. Well, this is going to be tiring, but if I must... I take a quick left turn into a very dark alley and quickly take on a new form and transform into what is probably the most beautiful girl any mortal could ever have the good fortune of seeing. The group follows in a minute later and to their surprise they are met by a busty, beautiful, grey haired tall glass of sexy - an imitation of lust.

"Oh my, Ki'el must be smiling down on us boys, look at what we've got here," The boss comes in closer and the stench of cheap booze makes me want to retch

"Oh my, Ki'el must be smiling down on us boys, look at what we've got here," The boss comes in closer and the stench of cheap booze makes me want to retch. "so, what's a pretty thing like you doing in an ugly place like this?"

I stay quiet. "Oh? Okay then, next question, you didn't happen to see a short old hag pass by here a minute ago did you?" He asks licking his lips.

I keep quiet again and just look at him.

"Looks like we've got another quiet one here boys." his goons laugh. "Well, don't you worry, we'll change that and soon enough you be screaming my name." The boss says stroking my hair and I thank him.

Why do I thank him? I make it a policy not to kill anything unless my personal space is invaded or someone strikes first and since I already let his dreadful breath slide, there is no redemption from this.

"You don't say," I smile. "Jon Vile Costar." He takes a step back.

"What? How did you know my name? Who are you?"

"She's probably a witch." one of the other goons chims in.

"Who? Me? I am just a deaf old lady. What, don't tell me you already forgot? And you're right, Ki'el is smiling down on you tonight, but just between you and I, it's not the type of smile you'd want to see so I'll make this quick. I have somewhere to be."