2. Blended & Upraised.

He sighed as he watched her frantically shuffle around her room, looking for the so-called treasure.
Just what's in this diary...?

He glanced at the blend of yellow, green and blue on his mahogany desk and another sigh escaped his lips.
First, he had thought it was an invasion of privacy and had hidden the temptation in his bag.

But now, he was curious.

...just what could make her lose her composure like that?

Was she hiding something?

His eyes flickered towards the window of his room, which had been aligned with hers for as long as he had known her.

Was she hiding something from him?

Nah.

Parth shook his head at such a ridiculous thought and then paused.

But, she had been avoiding him.

He raked his hands through his hairs in frustration.

... and maybe...

His gaze flickered slightly.

... he could find the reason in there.

He traced her name, which had been blended into the colours and yet so visibly upraised to create an impact.

She had wanted to be more of a storyteller than a painter since he had known her. She had wanted to portray stories behind each stroke on the canvas and he could feel she was just there, giving hope, love and happiness to those undergoing a depressive phase of life.

But as he gazed at the four-letter word, he couldn't seem to understand the story behind the blend of her peace under the colours.

He may have achieved a gold medal in histories and social sciences, but he couldn't seem to understand why the silly ten-year-old girl, who had glared at him whenever he was praised by her parents more than her, had gone through such a big change?

So now, it was time to find his peace again.

He picked up the diary, his bow and glanced at her, as he aimed and opened the diary, as he let go.

Since he was Parth, will it hit the target?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

Parth means the one who never misses his target.

[ What is the story behind your name? ]