4. Distances and Her.

'Dearest diary,

Then puberty hit me and before I could comprehend what's happening, the distance between us grew apart physically.

There were no sleepovers anymore, no sharing things... no, I guess, there were stealing from my side *sheepish* I may or may not have sneaked in two of his hoodies and, two of his sweaters in my cupboard. Ps: It was comfy...'

Parth chuckled.

"I figured it was you."

He whispered and turned the page.

'But, I didn't know the distance between us would grow apart more than just physically. In the 11th grade, everything changed. I was scared of the change and would often hide behind him. I was scared. But, I didn't know that would make me a target of bullying..."

His brows tightened.

"What the f#ck!!"

'... he didn't know. I started to stray away from him, but the accidental trips and hits didn't stop. It may or may not have become my other reason for striving for the solace in my diary. My teachers saw it, felt it and they transferred me to the other section.

But, I was not going to take chances again. I used to keep my head down to avoid the limelight and, would spend an awfully long time in libraries to avoid him. Weren't you awfully perceptive of everything, I had wanted to ask him? What happened? I had wanted to ask him so badly. But, I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to speak those words...

When I used to hide behind you, do you know, I'd felt safe? I'd thought you know me. You'd protect me.. just like you did, when we lost our way in the maze of the dream world.

Dear diary, I like him. I like him so much, but... I am more scared... scared of the things you didn't see... scared of her.'

Parth choked. What? What did she... how?

Parth couldn't shake the tremor in his heart as he read the word like again like it would disappear and.

... who is she scared of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

[ Say no to bullying! Don't be the reason for someone's tears. ]