12. Family and Fiction.

"Mira."

Her head tilted ever so slightly in response. There were tears in her eyes but they were not filled with grievance or anger. Even he, who had witnessed the blows on her heart, wanted to bear a grudge for her but she was.....his heart clenched.

"Mira." Don't you hate them? Don't you want to make them feel miserable like they made you? Why don't you hate... me?

She felt flushed under his gaze.

"Yes?"

"Let's ditch classes today."

Her eyebrows raised suggestively.

"Not a word." Parth glared at her and she recoiled at his words."I still haven't forgiven you for hiding things from me."

"I didn't mean to. I just thought you like her and I.." She mumbled softly under her breath and paused as she didn't know how to finish her sentence

"I don't like her."

"What?" Mira was confused. "But you two were dating."

"We were..." He paused as he felt eyes on him. It was prodding and.... his eyes darkened. Am I being followed?

"Parth?"

Her soft voice washed over him like a soothing incense and his mask returned.

"We were... but she is not as important as you, Mira. You are... family."

Her heart blanched at his words. They sounded like a rejection to her feelings.

She may not have let it show on her face but the tears rushed to her eyes again. This time, those tears were filled with grievance.

Was she not allowed to confess her feelings now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

[What do you think of the story so far? Are the cliffhangers making you sleepless? Any "end-of-chapter" thoughts on Mira and Parth?"