14. Love and Peace.

Parth Singhania was not normal. He realized that when he let his emotions took the best of him and beat a man thrice his size to a pulp.

A ten year old beating a guy twice his age was not normal and things got complicated. Judgmental.

So they left Delhi and came to Pune.

He pocketed his specs and looked at the window opposite to him. 

Without the barrier, his eyes brimmed with emotions he had pushed back so far.

 Anger. Indulgence. Madness. Obsessiveness.

He was not normal.

So, he pretended to be.

He forgot.

So, he could stay.

His parents couldn't believe it, the miracle that befell them the day before they leave for Pune and cried as they apologized to him. It was okay.

Parth put his emotions on a shut down and learned to hid behind his glasses. It was okay.

"Parth?"

His mother called out from behind the door of his room and entered just as he put on his specs. It was not okay.

"Busy?"

His mother Naina Singhania smiled at him as she hid a yawn.

"No, Ma. I was just about to sleep." Parth closed the curtains and walked over to his mother. "Why are you still awake?"

"I was feeling restless and saw your lights on, so I dropped by to say hi."

She brushed her hand against his cheek affectionately. He'll never be okay.

"Should I go get you a hot pack or something?" Parth glanced at the clock hung on the wall. It showed 2 a.m. "There must be some stores open now."

"No, beta." She smiled. "I don't need anything. I have what I want here."

Parth paused.

And that's okay.

Because...

Love is sacrifice.

Love is strength.

Love is what still holds them together.

Love is not peaceful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

[It was okay to not be okay.
Keep smiling.]