6. Crooked & Shaken.

"Go to sleep now."

"Em." She nodded obediently.

"Good night, Mira."

He crossed his arms against his chest and leaned against the window as he watched her smile at him sweetly.

"Goodnight Parth."

She closed the window and waved her farewell before blocking his view with the sky blue curtains. Her favourite colour.

Parth walked back to his study table and settled on the leather chair, before picking up her diary again.

He reopened to the page, he had left unfinished and continued.

'Dear diary,

Why would I have to suffer like this? Why was she in our college? And, why did I have to bump into her? She... I am so scared of her. I was sure I had fainted if she had not walked away. But, I am not sure if she recognised me. I have grown up quite a lot and my hairs now reach my waist. I have started to pin up my loose strands, unlike before. I hope she doesn't recognise me.'

Mira, who are you so scared of? Why won't you tell me?

Parth turned the page and continued to the entry of the next date which was a week later.

'Dearest diary,

Today, I have lost all my strength to fight fate. It was like the cruel history was repeating itself all over again. He introduced me to her and her to me, again, but this time it was as his girlfriend and.....'

Parth froze.

No! No, I don't believe this. His eyes closed in disbelief. Maybe Mira misunderstands something.

He opened his eyes and continued.

'...and I blacked out. He called to me, but I couldn't bring myself to respond. I went into a state of shock. The next moment the world tilted and I was in his arms and he was running, carrying me to somewhere.

I couldn't see but I could feel my eyes burning with tears. I couldn't speak, but I was desperately trying to scream out to him that, your girlfriend hurt me, physically and mentally. But will you believe me, Parth?'

This was the only place she wrote his name up till now. His name was slightly crooked and shaken like she was struggling to hold the pen.

'Will you finally see that I am so scared of her and leave her? Please. I won't intervene if you'd make more girlfriends, I had wanted to write to him. You don't have to look at me ever again. Just leave her, ok?'

A tear escaped from the corner of his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

[ If you face any type of abuse, don't be quiet about it. Raise your voice and fight for yourself. ]