Chapter 24

"Babe stop poking me." Dylan groans. She wants to sleep and Shawn won't leave her alone. He just keeps poking her sides and her stomach and her back and her chest and all over he won't stop. He thinks it's funny but she just wants to sleep. "What do you want." She groans rolling over and opening her eyes to her husbands grin. She loves that it's crooked now. It makes her smile too seeing the new way that her husband smiles. It's not any less vibrant than before. "Good morning sweets." She smiles at him and kisses him softly.

"Good morning kind of." He bites his bottom lip while she looks at the clock. He knows she's not gonna like the time but his reasoning will make her forgive him.

"Babe it's two o'clock in the morning. Why did you wake me up?" She whines and he chuckles.

"I wanted to see you. I can't sleep and I don't wanna be awake alone." He whines and she rolls her eyes rolling over. "I thought maybe if we," she covers his mouth with her hand and he licks it to try and get rid of it.

"Oh we're playing that game now?" She rolls her eyes and reaches her hand over and towards his crotch.

"N-not this game." He grabs her wrist throwing a leg over her and kissing her cheek down her neck. "I just wanted kisses." He blushes and she throws a pillow at him.

"I wanted to sleep through the night." She whines and he chuckles shutting off his lamp and pressing his lips onto hers. She'd never refuse a kiss. "You're terrible." She mumbles against his lips and he giggles while they continue to make out. His tongue presses against hers and he smiles taking everything he can get before she goes back to sleep.

"You love it." He smiles against her lips while their door creaks open.

"I'm sorry, you're always asleep when I come in." Kali looks down and heads for the door. Shawn moves off of his wife and pats the bed for her.

"Come here princess." She climbs onto the bed and wiggles between them. "Why are you awake?" He kisses her head. He never sleeps either but Dylan doesn't know that. He takes naps and wakes up once he's noticed he's asleep. It scares him to sleep around Dylan but he won't tell anyone that.

"She could ask you the same thing." Dylan rolls her eyes and Kali giggles leaning into her mamas warm embrace.

"The nightmares are bad daddy. I can't sleep because I just keep having nightmares." She mumbles hiding in her mamas chest.

"I'll keep you safe my love I promise. Try your best to sleep okay?" Shawn hums while Dylan pulls her closer.

"We've got you Bubba. We won't let anything happen to you." Dylan hums in her ear until she's fallen asleep.

"You have nightmares too don't you?" She looks at shawn who shrugs it off. He doesn't want to admit to the woman he loves that he just watches her sleep every night because he's constantly haunted by the decisions he made. He doesn't know what to say when she asks him questions like this. She told him not to go and she told him more than anything she told him not to get hurt and he did. Without this their relationship could be stronger and Miracle would've never acted out the way she did and he would have a better bond with his kids. That would also mean that he never lost his leg or got half his manhood blown off or half his face paralyzed either. But he got Kaliko out of it and he wouldn't change it for the world now. She's precious and sweet and lovely and he's still just too afraid to tell his wife that he doesn't regret his decision and that he's happy with the way his life turned out. He might not but but he sure as hell is going to say that he is just so that she doesn't get her I told you so moment. Thought he knows she's grateful to have done some good by adopting Kaliko and she's grateful to have the little one in her life.

"Sometimes but it's not bad." He brushes it off trying to get her to drop the subject he knows she won't drop. She'll ask him constantly and bring it up in therapy and their couples counseling too. He's not a fan of it but that's just how it is sometimes.

"Sure it isn't." She rolls her eyes and moves closer shoving her butt against him.

"You want cuddles?" He chuckles pulling her in tight. "I love you, don't ever think that I don't." He hums while Dylan kisses Kaliko. "The nightmares aren't as bad as you'd think."

"Do you sleep at all?" She sighs turning though Kaliko sits in between them she needs to be able to look her husband in the eyes.

"Not when I'm in bed with you babe." He looks down. "I just don't wanna hurt you." He kisses her forehead while Kali starts to shake. "Hey baby girl, I'm here sweetheart." Shawn whispers pulling her into his chest and wrapping his body around her.

"Is he okay?" She looks up at Shawn who gives her a gentile smile.

"I'm fine sweets." He nods at his little girl who sighs. "It's okay lovely mamas still asleep." He looks over at his wife who pretends she's asleep.

"Good, it's your turn daddy. You can sleep now." She nods cuddling him tight.

"It's alright sweetheart. You can sleep again if you want." He hums and she nods trying to think only good thoughts. All she needs to do is think good thoughts and maybe she can sleep through the night.

"Do you two do this every night?" Dylan mumbles once Kali is asleep. She's so worried about the both of them but even after so many weeks if it's this bad.

"Mostly. She comes in once you're in bed and I bring her back to her room in the morning before you wake up." He looks down. "I should've told you love but I didn't know how."

...

"You brought a friend!" His therapist smiles while she sits down. She sets her purse on the ground and pulls out a pen and paper. He rolls his eyes at her.

"I brought my wife. She wants to learn more about my PTSD and the way it works and the way she can help me and our daughter." He kisses her cheek but she isn't in the mood. She just wants her notes so that she knows how to help them.

"Did you bring your daughter?" His therapist looks around and he nods slowly.

"She's in the waiting room with our son. We thought it might be best if we explained the route of our PTSD." He nods and his therapist goes wide eyed. He's never been able to tell her the story. "We adopted out little girl after I tried to save her we both got caught in an explosion resulting in the loss of my leg and the paralysis of the left side of my face. She got only a minor injury but it was still traumatic for the both of us." He explains gripping his wife's hand. She wants to take all of the notes possible and know everything that she can but her husband needs her.

"Hi baby girl." Dylan smiles waving their daughter in.

"Am I too early?" She bites her lip and dylan giggles.

"You are just on time sweetheart. Come here lovely mama wants to learn how to help us. I hope this won't take too long."