Chapter 30

Their hands touch softly scaring them both to no end. He forgot what it was like to sleep with her and she forgot that he would be in the same bed. "I'm sorry." Shawn sighs turning to her. She didn't even notice how quickly he grabbed a hairbrush thinking it would be a good weapon. She was too busy trying to catch her own breath. She was stressed too it's been a while since she's shared a bed with him and her first instinct is always to stay away. Especially when it's been a while she forgets sometimes about his PTSD. He forgets about it too in all honesty he was able to readjust much quicker this time but little things still set him off sometimes. He can't control it and he gets scared. "I didn't mean to scare you." He mumbles laying back down.

"I just forgot." She whispers and he nods. He knows she needs time too. Their argument was a really big one for these two. They never fight and then they dragged divorce into it and everything got much more personal. "I think maybe I'll stay in another room for a little while." She whispers looking at the time. It's two am and she has never been so scared by anything.

"No!" He doesn't mean to yell. He just needs her to stay so they can get used to it again. Their new house will be liveable soon. They're going in to paint it today. He needs his cuddle buddy with him always. "No, darling please stay. Just cuddle with me. It always helped me." He smiles weakly and she sighs moving only a little closer he moves the rest of the way. His arms snake around her waist and he pulls her in tight. "I love you baby. Sleep well." He kisses her cheek.

"Mhm you too." She mumbles. She was fine earlier but he's starting to wonder if it's all just been for the kids. He wishes it was different but he knows it'll take a while to get her back on his side. She's always been standing in his corner and the one time she needed him in her corner he wasn't there. He was selfish and forgot about the way that she might feel.

"Please don't hate me." He whispers kissing her shoulder. She ignores him and tries to sleep regardless of his helpless whining. He just wants attention. "I love you so much. Don't ever forget that." He kisses her all over. He can feel her body relax in his hands and it makes him smile. He knows she probably just fell asleep but even at that she's relaxed and letting him hold her. "The new house is our second chance. We're gonna restart so that I can fix all of my mistakes. You deserve so much better than what I've been. I'm gonna fix myself for you."

...

"Jersey!" Angel gasps when he spills some paint on her. He chuckles and she rolls her eyes throwing some his way. They're painting all of the rooms together so it gets done quicker first was Jersey's then Kali's and now Angel and Miracles room. They were offered separate rooms but they wanna stay together.

"Oh knock it off." Dylan chuckles at the kids while she helps Kali paint her little portion of the wall. The sweet little girl has only been able to do a fraction of what everyone else is doing but she's having so much fun doing it. Dylan and Shawn let her keep two of the walls in her room white so that she can draw and paint on them when she wants too and she's never been more excited for anything.

"Sorry mama." Jersey mumbles continuing to paint. She just smiles and paints a larger section while Kaliko paint her little corner. She's having way too much fun and her daddy has music in the background too so she can't stop dancing. She's painted her mama fifty shades of purple because she was too excited dancing.

"Hey can I talk to you for a minute mamas?" Shawn mumbles to Dylan who nods looking at her kids. "One of you guys paint with Kali for a second? Make sure she doesn't make a mess of herself." Shawn teases kissing his daughters cheek.

"What do you want to talk about?" She enters their room that is almost their bedroom. It's so empty but the flooring is done the walls are bare but once they're painted they'll be covered in pictures of their kids. She can't wait to move in.

"I just wanted a minute alone with you." He smiles and she sighs. He sits on the hard wood they've chosen as their flooring easier to clean up was his reasoning. "Come here." He pulls her down and I to his lap. "We're gonna make so many new memories in this house." He hums kissing her cheek but Dylan can't sit still. "If you don't want to talk to me you don't have to." He sighs opening his arms. He wanted a sweet moment with his love but she clearly doesn't feel the same. He leans back against the wood and she leans into his chest. "I miss you." He whispers. His lips press against her forehead and he sighs for a minute. "I miss how happy you always were. Every time I leave the house it's like you're hoping I don't come back. You don't kiss me anymore you don't touch me I haven't gotten a hug in so long baby girl and I know I messed up." He sighs kissing her shoulder. "But I want to fix it for you. I'm trying to fix it for you but you aren't making it easy on me. I just want you to love me." He begs and she rolls over.

"I wasn't going to tell you," she sighs deeply and he shuts his eyes. He doesn't want to look at her when she tells him she's cheated or she wants someone better. "I, well I need a date." She mumbles waiting for his eyes to open again. "I have a show on Valentine's Day and I need a date. Will you be my date?" She sighs. He keeps his eyes closed. He doesn't want to look at the disgust on her face. He's trying to stop himself from crying and she just wants an answer. "Come on I asked nicely." She groans planting a gentile kiss against his lips. "Please?" She curls her fingers in his hair. "Please?" She moves down his neck. "I don't know what else you want me to say." She begs kissing him again.

"I would love to be your date." He smiles but quickly turns red.

"Go to the car. I'll do some more painting with the kids." She giggles and he sits up.

"I don't want to go on my own. I think we've done enough painting. Their bedroom will be done soon and we can hire someone to do ours. Please? I just got you back I want to make it official." He smirks biting his lip.

"Mama! Mama! We're done painting but I'm tired." She yawns leaning against her mom.

"Me too baby girl. Let's go home and have a nap." She nods leading her daughter out while her husband tries to hide his problem. "Come on we're going home."