Chapter 50

She leans against her husbands shoulder while he plays with her hair softly. Their night away was magical she had more fun with him than she's had in years. As soon as they got home they were bombarded by the kids who just wanted cuddles. She sat with her kids for a while and she cuddled their baby. She made sure everyone was in bed and sleeping before she got back to her room with her husband. They stay awake some nights and talk or watch their series'. Tonight Jakari was their reason for being awake. The poor thing wouldn't sleep but they both knew he was exhausted. He's cried every time someone tried to put him in the crib and the last time he managed to cry steadily for forty five minutes. They didn't want him to wake the others so he's asleep on his daddy's chest. "How are you tonight my love?" Shawn hums. He would normally be rubbing her shoulders again or kissing her neck but instead they're watching a movie in silence while her baby boy sleeps.

"I'm okay, how are you?" She smiles and he chuckles back. He nods softly against her head kissing her forehead.

"I'm doing amazing darling." He smiles. He holds her tighter trying his best to force her to sleep. He wants his wife asleep against him just the way his son is. "He's gotten so big love. Look at our little chunk." He smiles letting his wife go only for a moment so that he can lay his son on the bed to see if he'll cry again. Once he's sure the boy won't cry he grabs the blanket he's been laying on and placed it with the boy in his crib.

"He is getting really big. God they're all so big I feel like I missed it. I feel like yesterday I was crying in a hospital room holding my baby boy and my little girls for the first time." She mumbles.

"I know Bubba. They're all gigantic. Jersey is like eight feet tall now and Angel and Miracle are already talking about boyfriends. I'm convinced Kaliko says the word just to bother me." He rolls his eyes making Dylan smile.

"I think Jersey has a new girlfriend too!" She smiles. "I'm hoping that he's happier now." She sighs. He's only recently started wearing t shirts again. He no longer wears hoodies and sweatpants everywhere he goes. He's starting to feel more comfortable in his skin which is exciting the both of his parents.

"Me too darling. I think everyone wants that for him." He smiles into her hair kissing her forehead gently. "The house has been more full lately, have you noticed? He has people over all of the time and Angel and Miracle are always happy now darling. I love seeing everyone so happy." He smiles as does Dylan.

"It's sweet." She nods kissing his shoulder. "So the big day is coming up?" She smirks.

"What big day?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Your fortieth lovely. It's in three days remember?" She laughs and he chuckles.

"I completely forgot. Everything's been so chaotic that I forget all about my birthday and the surprise party?" He turns quickly to see if he can catch his wife flinch.

"I told you I didn't plan one. You said you didn't want to celebrate. I will give you the biggest party darling just say the word." She nods. He knows she has a team of party planners on standby with a plan already staged and invitations just waiting to be sent out.

"I don't want one darling. I want to spend this year with my family." He smiles and she rolls her eyes. She knows he's just saying that so she won't go over the top.

"Please love I want to give you a special celebration." She smiles and he gives a gentile smirk.

"If you really want to give me a special birthday celebration we'll put the kids down early and when I walk back into our bedroom you'll be standing there naked waiting for me to get back. I'll do what I want and you can just sit still for one night and make it worth being forty." He smiles pressing his lips onto hers.