Chapter 41

"Yay!" Kali giggles at everyone's screams. She had school but they brought her home early for her little party. She gets to see all of her aunties and uncles. All of her mamas friends and her favourite cousins and her favourite everything. She's just so excited. She has presents all over for her but she's more interested in the people and the food. "Aunty Kylie! Aunty Katie!" She squeals running towards them. Shawn's friends all stayed in Their own house for a little while but they missed Dylan and Shawn so much. They plan to give their baby girl a big surprise later when she's ready for it. "Uncle Ryan! Uncle Jude! Uncle max!" She giggles at all of the people. "Mama you brought everyone!" She smiles looking around the house.

"I wanted you to be happy Bubba." Dylan giggles even though shawn planned most of it. Kaliko watches her parents banter for a moment but she's so entranced by the other people.

"Mama?" She waddles towards Dylan looking at the man in a wheelchair. "I don't know him mama but he looks lonely. Can I go talk to him?" She triés her best not to stare too much. She knows how much her mama hates it when that happens.

"Come here my love." She smiles walking towards the man sitting in the wheelchair. "This is my baby brother. His name is drew." Dylan smiles introducing the two. "He was with your daddy when he went on his trip. Drew stayed longer though and then he got hurt and now he can't anymore." Dylan explains and he rolls his eyes.

"It's really great to meet you princess. I got you a present." He smiles and she looks nervous.

"I didn't get you a present! I'm sorry I didn't know that you were gonna visit!" She gasps trying to think of anything.

"It's a birthday present for you." He smiles. She looks slightly less nervous but she is still determined to find the sad man a present for at the very least the next time he visits.

"Thank you very much uncle drew." She smiles gently tearing away the wrapping paper. "Mama look! Look daddy! Look what I got!" She giggles and Dylan kneels down smiling at her.

"Do you know what it is love?" Dylan whispers and she shrugs.

"It looks like paper. I don't know why but he gave it to me so I love it!" She smiles making Dylan smile as well.

"It's for your art lovely. He got you drawing paper." Dylan giggles at her little one squeezing her gently.

"Now I really really love it mama!" She giggles running towards the man who offered it to her. "Thank you so much uncle Drew. I love it." She nods climbing onto his legs.

"Be careful darling." Dylan sucks in a sharp breath and Drew rolls his eyes.

"I just have two broken legs I will eventually walk again. She's not doing any harm." He smiles at the baby.

"I'm so sorry we're late Kaliko, your nana couldn't decide which dress best suited a third birthday celebration." He Grandpa teases making her chuckle.

"Grampy!" She laughs hugging him tight. "I was worried you wouldn't come!" She sighs a breath of relief looking towards her family. "Guess who I met!" She gasps making her grandparents smile. "I met my uncle Drew! He got me colouring pages nana can you believe it! He already knew!" She smiles putting it on the table. Dylan will move them all slowly so that the little one doesn't get too anxious.

"Hi mom, Hi dad." Drew mumbles staring at his parents. He's seen them once in sixteen years maybe even longer and it was his sisters wedding. He didn't speak to them at all he pretended at if he was just Shawn's friend. They haven't seen him in so long they barely know what he looks like.

"Andrew?" Dylan's mon gasps and he nods slowly.

"No nana his name is Drew." Kaliko reassures and her nana smiles. "It's okay nana you're old he'll understand." She smiles.

"Kaliko!" Her nana scolds and Drew laughs. She hasn't heard his laugh in years. She missed her son more than he would know.

"Come on Bubba lets go and look at what mama and daddy got you okay?" Shawn hums picking her up. "I think you'll like this one." He giggles as does she. She doesn't want presents she wants to feel love. She just likes his cuddles.

"I love it daddy." She smiles.

"Bubba you haven't seen it yet." Shawn chuckles squeezing her tighter.

"I know, I just love your cuddles."

...

"Finally!" Dylan groans laying next to her husband. She got all of the kids in their own bed and they're all asleep. It's eleven o'clock and she just wants to sleep. "Now it's just you and me." She smiles pressing her lips against her husbands. They haven't been spending much time together. Between preparations for Kali's party and all of Dylan's lawsuits they've barely been in the same room.

"Mama? Daddy? Are you still awake?" Kali whispers walking in. Dylan sighs and rolls beside her husband.

"Yes baby, what's wrong?" Shawn goes to put his prosthetic on. He'll take her back to bed. Dylan got her in there in the first place.

"Nothings wrong daddy. I'm really tired but someone woke me up." She shrugs sitting on her parents' bed looking at her mamas belly.

"Who woke you up baby?" Dylan plays with her daughters hair. She just wants to sleep one night with no kids.

"Gabriel did." She mumbles and Dylan chokes. She hasn't heard that name in years. She has PTSD from it, it's a trigger word for her she can't even say it.

"Okay love now it's time for bed." Shawn lifts her up but she wiggles out of his grip.

"He said he missed you, and he said that he's ready now. He's coming back!" Kali smiles and Dylan goes pale. She can't even look at her daughter anymore. She mumbled the one thing that she's never been able to hear.

"Kaliko that is enough bed." Shawn mumbles lifting the little girl.

"He says we'll meet him soon mama. I think he's in your tummy." She points. "Mama?" Kali looks at her and Shawn turns quickly. "What happened to mama?" She squeals.

"Go find your uncle max right now and then go stay with Jersey." He points while Shawn checks her pulse. "Come on baby, don't do this to me right now!"