Chapter 40

Dylan sits in another meeting. She's had one damn near every hour. One for the school one, for a campaign she's supposed to be a part of, one with the school board one with the police. She canceled three meetings just so she could go home and have lunch. "Hi baby." Shawn's been at home talking with another lawyer and spending time with the kids. Kaliko still wanted to go to school so she did but the older three wanted to stay home. Angel is just too scared to go to school. "I made you lunch." He hums kissing her cheek while she sits on the couch. "How were your meetings?" He hums rubbing her shoulders gently. She is exhausted and there's nothing they could do to change that. She wants to sleep and cancel everything but she has to keep her son out of jail and her daughters out of harms way.

"Long, boring. By the looks of it the school board is terrified that we'll sue so they're putting the principal on paid leave until this is sorted. The boy that attacked Em is under investigation. Bubba they found plans in his locker about how he was gonna,"

"Hey mama!" The kids smile and she stops her sentence. Em doesn't want to do much so she's been in her bedroom. They got a nurse to come visit her every few hours so that if she needs something it can be given to her.

"Hi babies." She smiles holding her arms open. "How are you?" She smiles.

"I'm good mama." Jersey nods but Angel doesn't say anything. Dylan and Shawn both know that she's scared. She's afraid to leave the house even to go onto her front steps. Her siblings have been abused and she doesn't want that to happen to her. Dylan's never been so nervous for her kids. She wants to hire security just to walk with them around their school but she knows that don't want that.

"How about you Angel?" She grabs her daughters hand softly. She flinched but doesn't say anything. Dylan sighs pulling her in for a hug. "Angelica? Baby girl please talk to me." She refuses still to even open her mouth. "Okay love I'll give you some time." She nods walking back into her office where she has her different documents sitting. She's filing a lawsuit for negligence against the school. She doesn't think it's a safe place for her children and she hopes to encourage other parents to look at the nepotism and neglect that the principal has been demonstrating.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn smiles sitting next to her. He has a meeting with the lawyer now and she gets to spend time with Miracle.

"Hi bubba." She smiles back leaning her head against his. She knows Jersey is trying to help out a bunch and make it easier but in the end he knows how difficult this is becoming for his parents. His mama canceled countless meetings shoots and even shows to be able to stay home with her kids. They missed out on brand deals and millions of dollars because she can't be there. He feels terrible. He feels like it's all his fault. "Baby Angel won't talk to me. She hasn't said a word since she got home and I'm worried. We know how scared she is to leave and miracle can't even move on her own. Maybe I should retire. I'm getting old anyways and I can stay home with the kids more and I can homeschool them if they want. Or they could do online school instead?" She nods and Shawn pulls her in tight.

"Bubba? I don't work. I'll stay with the kids you keep living your dream!" He smiles kissing her cheek softly. "They'll all new fine love I promise. We can send them to another school. Private school maybe? We could hire a homeschool teacher. We could let them do online school but I will be here too. You don't always have to be the one to lose things darling. Sometimes I can sit some things out for my babies." He nods as does she.

"I don't know. I just I'll take a break for now to sort this out. I don't like when they're sad." She sighs peeking out.

"Go cuddle Miracle. She's sad but the cuddles make her smile." Shawn nods as does she walking towards the door.

"I love you." She turns to her husband who smiles.

"I love you more." He winks while she walks out.