Chapter 54

She looks around their bedroom listening to the sound of the water running in the bathroom. She sighs and pulls off his shirt grabbing another one that looks about the same as the first one did. She hasn't held him in days she misses feeling him against her. "If you want my clothes darling they're yours." He stands in the doorway between the bathroom and their bedroom. A room that she can no longer stay in. Her and the kids have been staying in their guest house. Her kids don't want to be around him now knowing what happened though they never give their mama the few seconds it would take for her to explain.

"I don't want you clothes." She spits and he nods slowly nearing behind her. He reaches past her to pick up the shirt she left on the ground.

"It smells like you." He smiles turning towards her. She can barely look at him. She has more guilt than he ever could. She took his kids from him and she's been trying but she can't even force them to talk to him. "I miss you." He whispers kissing her cheek gently before he grabs a pair of his boxers. He has a hard time getting showered and dressed even now that he's more used to missing his leg. It's impossible for him to do it on his own unless he's sitting down. He must be getting used to doing it on his own. "I haven't seen you in two weeks darling." He brushes his fingers through her hair.

"Would you stop it!" She swats at his hands and he sighs. "I only came back because Jakari won't stop asking for daddy." She mumbles pointing to the excited little boy who's been trying to cling out of his crib the whole time.

"Daddy!" He giggles when Shawn gets close.

"Oh hello baby boy! I've missed you. Look at how big you are." Shawn smiles kissing the baby's forehead. "I love you! I love you!" He sings cuddling his baby tight.

"Daddy." He whispers leaning his head against his fathers shoulder.

"Daddy." Shawn nods cuddling their infant son.  He's too little to understand and he's grateful that Dylan will at least bring this one to see him. He watches her dig through her closet for a pair of sweatpants that she only wears when she's sad. He sighs when she finds them. He didn't realize how easily she'd be able to find them. He hasn't seen her put them on in ten years. The last time she wore them they had another miscarriage. Their girls were little and Jersey was only a little older than them.

"Mama! You said you'd only be gone for a minute." Kali whines walking into the bedroom. "Hi daddy." She looks at her toes and sighs. "Mama can we go please? Angel and Miracle are gonna be mad at us." She sniffs looking at her sad father. "I wish I could stay daddy." She sighs giving his leg a soft hug.

"Why'd they send you in love?" Dylan lifts her and she swallows.

"They know I won't stay. I don't wanna get in trouble mama can we please go?" She pleads. She can barely look at either of her parents.

"Alright darling say goodbye to your daddy."  She kisses Kaliko temple and takes Jakari while she dives into her daddy's arms.

"I love you daddy. Mama told me what happened daddy. I don't blame either of you." She whispers. "I love you lots daddy I miss you." She kisses his cheek. "I hope you have a good day. Maybe you can come and visit us? Maybe then they'll let us come home." She sighs. "I'm gonna go back now mama. I don't wanna get in trouble." She looks down waving at her daddy once more before she runs off.

"I tried Shawn they won't listen to me. Jersey and Kali want to come back Angel and Miracle are losing their minds over what they think happened. I'm sorry I got you into such a mess." She looks down at her feet. Her son squirms in her arms and she does her best to keep the little guy calm but all he does is move.

"It's not your fault. You aren't the one who got caught kissing an old friend." He looks down as well. "Will you ask them about coming in tonight for dinner? I was hoping maybe soon we could have a meal together?" She nods slowly and he smiles. "Thank you my love. I know you're not my biggest fan but thank you for everything." He reaches over her though he could've easily moved next to her to grab his pants. "One more for the road." He whispers pressing his lips against her cheek.