chapter 7

FOREST HAD A knack for getting people to give in to him

FOREST HAD A knack for getting people to give in to him. It took less than five minutes for his deal with Matt to be accepted, and he grinned happily at that. But he still didn't quite understand why Matt was so adamant on wanting him to go to the dinner today.

Forest flicked his wrist as he glanced at his watch. Matt better be done any time now, or they were going to be late. And being late wasn't exactly going to give them a good impression.

"Hurry up, Matt. You bloody git, I've been waiting for twenty minutes!" Forest called out as he sunk back into the soft cushions behind him, tapping his feet impatiently as he waited for his friend to get ready.

Taking centuries to get ready didn't only apply to girls— many guys, like Matt, took just as long.

"Shut up, I'm almost done. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to get ready. You'll see for yourself when you dress up nicely for your girlfriend." Matt said as he rushed down the stairs, carrying a whiff of cologne.

Forest raised an eyebrow, but chose not to say much. Matt hardly cared about his looks, let alone his smell. Haley definitely was someone different.

"Definitely. I will take really long. I just adore my girlfriend so much." Forest replied sardonically, with a small grin on his face. He ran a hand through his hair exaggeratedly. "Darling, do you think I look good now?"

"Get out. And I mean, when you actually have one that isn't me." Matt snatched up his hair gel from a drawer as he started to comb his hair up, occasionally giving Forest a glance. "Want some gel?"

"I'm good."

"What if you meet your potential girlfriend there? You sure you don't need to give whoever a good impression?" Matt asked, raising a brow. "You're looking really ugly today."

Forest scoffed.

"She can then love me for who I am. Looks shouldn't matter." Forest replied with a wink, fiddling with his phone. He really couldn't understand why this entire world liked to talk about him and his potential girlfriend. It really wasn't that interesting.

"Sure then." Matt laughed, "I'm just saying, but you know, you usually need a good impression for people to get interested in knowing you in the very first place."

Forest sighed.

***

IF ONE DIDN'T KNOW better, the both of them looked like two complete idiots who had forgotten to bring their keys along with them before going out.

The two had been squabbling outside the apartment for a good five minutes now, and it was all because Matt was too afraid to go in.

"Can't we bloody go in? I'm freezing out here!" Forest narrowed his eyes at his friend, trying to reach for the doorbell that Matt stood protectively in front of.