Chapter 13: The Final Chapter

(So in case you didn't get it from the name of the chapter, this is the very last chapter of the book! I hope you all enjoy and please vote if you do! Happy reading!!)

The date. I barely had any time to think about it properly and I basically had to kick my best friend out of the house so that I could go, which she was not too happy about. After going through a selection of outfit options we decided to go simple; jeans and a bodysuit, a little makeup and a little cleavage showing cause I had to at least show my best assets! For some reason I wasn't nervous at all. I was way too excited to be nervous, and the whole way there I was just texting my best friends about it. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the restaurant and saw one of my best friends sitting there with her family. It was the strangest and most hilarious situation, but thank god it wasn't someone else cause that would have been hard to explain; "oh yeah I'm just going on a date with a boy who just broke up with his girlfriend, who I may or may have not like for about a year and I have been imagining this for forever. Just your average Sunday!"

As first dates go, it was actually all I could have dreamt. We stayed in the restaurant for about 4 hours, tucked in the outside corner enclosed in our own bubble of lust and happiness. As the date came to a close and we had shared chocolate mousse like the perfect American teen movie, I moved to sit next to him so that we could be closer.

The moments that followed were almost like a compilation of every moment I had imagined us being together.

He leaned in, all I could hear was my heart in my chest, and our lips touched. At that moment when our lips were intertwining, and his hands were on my cheek I realised that this was what a kiss was supposed to be. All those fireworks I had imagined in that tent when I was 12 were only now going off.

When we finally left the restaurant, him holding my hand and me smiling like a god damned idiot we went in to the staircase that led to the basement carpark. And then my back was against the wall and his hands were, well, everywhere!

In the Uber on the way home, the driver must have thought I was spasming with the amount that I was smiling and biting my lip with the thought of his lips on mine. It was still so unbelievable that it actually happened, I was finally able to be the main character in the romance stories and get the guy!

The very next day he asked me to go to his house. I know what you must be thinking; slow down there you rampant teenagers with far too many hormones. But that's exactly the problem, I was just a teenager who could not think straight. Did I care that I still had one more exam left? No. did I think about the fact that he had only been broken up for 4 days? Nope. Did I know how I was going to tell my mum that I was going to a boy's house? Not in the slightest. So, what did I do? I told my best friend to pretend if anyone asked that I was with her, I turned my Find my friends off so that my mum wouldn't know where I was, and I jumped into an Uber that the TTT had ordered me wearing sweat pants and a random t-shirt.

It was only when I was in the car that I thought, what the fuck am I doing? And I had a mini panic attack because amongst everything driving me to go, it still felt wrong.

This feeling shortly disappeared when there I was standing outside his door. The next 4 hours that I spent with him almost felt like some kind of a dream. He gave me a very brief tour of his house and then we went to his room. It was very strange standing in his room. It's like you expect that going to a boy's house is some kind of a milestone but whilst standing there looking around, it felt so normal, like I had been there so many times before.

Before I knew it, instinct took over and there we were making out on his bed. He was the 3rd boy I had made out with so you could say that I wasn't the most experienced, but with him it was different. Something I didn't need to think about.