Chapter Ten

-Dylan's point of view-

I was running from the library and away from her and she didn't even care. I told her everything the only person I had ever told the real story to and she didn't even call my name out. I kept running until I reached the bluffs. I was going to jump. I didn't care and nor did she. Bee wouldn't care if I left. I'm a murder. Marcie won't be getting the justice she needs, but I'd rather end it all here than get abused in jail. I stood there, rocking back and forth lightly. If I leaned forward a little more and rocked a little harder that's all it would take to end it all.

-Jessica's point of view-

I was sitting in my living room reading, when I got a call from a frantic Believe. She went on and on about how he told her the story of Marcie. She kept screeching, "HE KILLED HER." I let out a relieved breath. Finally. I was working on calming her down when a realization hit me. 

"Believe, where is Dylan?"

"I don't know, after he told me he ran out of the room and didn't stop. He isn't at school anymore."

"Fuck," I whispered

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but I need to go."

I hung up my phone without waiting for a response. I dialed Dylan's number as I put my shoes and jacket on. 

"Hi, you've reached Dylan's voice mail. Sorry I-"

DYLAN FUCKING ANSWER. I screamed as I hung up and called him again. 

I ran out of the house while praying for Dylan to answer his phone.

"Hi you've re-"

Re dial.

I continued to run and I finally made it to the woods. I threw my phone down and ran in. 

"DYLAN,"I yelled.

-Dylan's point of view- 

"DYLAN,"

"Get out of here, Jessica." I said while turning around

"You don't want to do this, this is a bad decision." 

"I'm ending it. I'm ending the pain, the thoughts and the guilt. It's all going away now." I said in a robotic tone.

Jessica started to walk towards me, "DONT COME NEAR ME," I screamed.

My face was now wet with tears. 

"Just let me go," I begged while turning back towards the rock.

"You don't want to do this."

"YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT' I was screaming while staring at the pointed rocks and the rushing water.

"Please, step off the rocks."

and with that, I did. Just not in the direction she wanted me to.