Chapter 6

Jennie POV

I haven't had time for Lisa, and I was regretful for that. But I've been hanging out a lot with Austin and that's a good thing. Currently, I'm at the amusement park with Austin and he said this was a date so I was excited as hell.

We went on almost all the rides, and surprisingly, the queue wasn't long. We grabbed lunch and got to know each other so much more. The day soon ended and I was so exasperated from all the walking.

After Austin fetched me home, we shared our first kiss and I was over the moon.

My life was going so much better than expected.

But it's been 2 weeks, and I haven't seen her.

Austin hasn't been into my mind lately, like I felt what I had for him was more of a temporary obsession rather than true feelings.

It's just when you really really liked that person, and things just don't work out? I mean, it's kind of working out, we're having a perfect relationship but it's just that there's something empty, something missing.

We go out everyday, but we aren't dating yet. Every night, I roll and lie on my bed yet end up thinking about the person I miss the most. Which isn't Austin, but Lisa. The person who hasn't had time for me. I'd end up dreaming about her most of the times too.

Why is this happening to me?

It was supposed to be Austin.

This weekend I was free because Austin had soccer practice so we couldn't hang out. I waited all morning for the girl who never fails to bring a smile to my face, but she never came.

So I decided to text her for the first time in awhile.

To Lisa: are you coming over?

From Lisa: uh no? I'm out with Rosé.

The fact that I didn't even bother to reply proved my frustration so I left her on read.
And all that I did that day was frown.

To think that just one single message had the ability to ruin your day? Bullshit you say, but well, not for me.

It screwed my day.

The following weekend, I was at the club with Austin but I lost him in between. It was getting so late I couldn't find anyone I knew so I dragged myself out of the club and stood by the roadside. I had no money on me and remembering I had an assessment the next day made me desperate to get home earlier. I was slightly tipsy that the first person I could think of was Lisa.

"Lisaa!" A part of me sparked up when she answered the call. Damn, we haven't talked in a week.

"Jennie? Why'd you call?" She asked from across the line. Hearing her voice, made me figure how much we used to hang, it was euphoric. I heard light sounds of people chattering and glass clinking. Is she out?

"Can you come and get me? I can't find Austin and I have no money on me."

"I'm sorry, I'm having dinner with Rosé." She sounded so flat over the phone it felt like she couldn't care less about me.

Did she really just shut me out like that? Like I haven't even gotten the chance to tell her where I was and she was just like, no?

And why is everything about Rosé?

What happened to 'Lisa's the best'?

"Fine, I'll just go home by myself." So there's me, walking home from a nightclub that's quite a distance from my house. I strolled against the strong, shivery night wind in silence for a good 20 minutes before I reached home, and many thoughts flowed across my head.