Chapter 7

[a/n] you got tricked.

Sensing the familiar environment I've been forgetting to make a visit to for the past few days, I stepped into the white hospital ward where my grandma who has been in a coma for a week now was laying on.

A forced smile creased up my lips as I walked slowly towards her bedside. A gentle tear escaped my eyes as my hoarse voice spoke, "Hi grandma, I'm here."

I pulled a black stool from across the room to her right and sat firmly on it, not keeping my eyes off of her pure, wrinkly face that once used to be beautiful.

"Did you miss me? Because I did." More stream of tears threatened to fall down my face, as I was trying to find the right words to say. I held onto her hand delicately and brought it up to my sticky face.

"When are you going to wake up, grandma?" My voice was muffled through her hand as I pressed my mouth against it. "Don't you miss me? Get up and talk to me, please."

Staring at her un-wavered eyelids, I sighed. "I've come to talk."

"I know you're not going to reply me, but I just want someone to hear me out. You would do that for me right, grandma?"

I flashed her a broken smile again, the soft beeps from the machine that has been monitoring her heartbeat had put me into a state of calm.

"I've been dating this girl called Rosé and I really like her. But then there's this other girl who has been roaming, bothering the heck out of my mind."

"Her name's Jennie."

"We've been friends for a year and I liked her way before I got with Rosé."

"Grandma, I really... really don't know what to do."

"I don't want to hurt Rosé because she is such a sweet girl, and I can't possibly like the both of them at the same time."

"But Jennie, she's the definition of perfection. She's perfect to me."

"I know I shouldn't have done this, but one of the reasons why I got with Rosé in the first place was because I wanted to get over Jennie. I know I'm wrong, I'm an idiot, but I've been feeling very out of place lately. I regret this, a lot. I can't hurt Rosé, I won't. And although I feel happy to be with her, I don't think the feeling is as genuine as when I am with Jennie. I love Rosé, I really do. But there's a part of me that's missing and I don't understand what exactly is it. Me and Jennie haven't been on good terms, we used to be but now we just got really distant because she's been hanging out with someone she likes. And it's not me. I want to hang out with her, but she just seems happier with her other partner and I can't get myself to acknowledge it well. It was my stupid idea to help her go after the guy she likes, I just wanted her to be happy and live with no regrets in her life. But she hasn't got time for me for about a month and I really miss her. I've tried to see Rosé in the way I see Jennie, but I feel like I'm being really selfish, because I will just end up hurting Rosé."

"I'm sorry grandma.. I just, wanted to get this off my mind by telling it to someone."

"I thought I got over her, but seems like I didn't."

"What should I do?"

"Wake up grandma, I need you."

Just a couple of seconds after I was done spilling my thoughts, the electrocardiogram beside her starting beeping on a flat note. It was as if the world went against me, they took her away when I needed her.

I panicked, and screamed for the doctor and nurses on their shift. Everything happened in a blink of an eye, and she was gone. The doctors tried to regain the momentum of her heartbeat with external defibrillators but it didn't work.