[1]~ LIFE (PART 1)

What is life?

Some say that life is a bed of roses while for some people its bed of thorns.

Definition of life differs from people to people. But my notion for life is kind of different.

For me LIFE is like walking in the deep forest. Initially I was enchanted by the beauty of these woods. I don't know why but there was a strange but strong desire which crept into my heart, asking me to explore the beauty of the flowers blooming in this woodland, to explore the depth of the ponds of these forest and to experience the core of it which is occupied by tainted soothing smell of young wild flowers and tender leaves where the sweet and enchanting melodies of birds echoed till eternity.

My soul was captivated by the beauty of these woods even the small fragile twig of green grass felt extraordinarily beautiful. I lost my senses and got attracted towards this alluring beauty.

Till then I realised that it was getting dark. Those angelic woods gradually turned into beast like haunting woods. Before entering, I never thought that they would be so scary at dusk.

I remembered Robert Frost saying-"The woods are lovely, dark and deep", but at that moment I felt they are just dark and deep.

I turned back and thought that I will trace my foot prints back but I was wrong.
I couldn't see the path I'd taken through the trees, as if more of them had grown in a millisecond, creating a kind of barrier between me and exit---- wanting to keep me locked in!
Outside the forest I was like a free soul but now I'm locked inside the cage called LIFE (i. e. Woods).

I never admitted defeat. So I wandered for what felt like eternity, hurrying through the woods like I was being chased by my own shadow. I couldn't say it. I couldn't even think it, no matter how far I walked, it was all same, which made panic simmer in my stomach.

I ran, ran and ran till it was completely dark. I was not able to see anything because of immense darkness. I looked up to search for stars and moon but saw only the branches of trees, trees whose leaves were so dense that they partially hid the night sky.

The thought of being alone stirred terror within me, deep within me. I closed my eyes and when I opened them water was bulging out from them. Who could have thought that the enchanting melodies of birds will change into the roar of nocturnal animals.
I again closed my eyes and when I opened them I saw something which I never expected.

FIREFLIES --- MY ONLY SOURCE OF HOPE, COMFORT AND HAPPINESS!!

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━