[8]~ WILD FLOWER

The time is sailing away.

I met him when it was summer. It's almost a year now. Time is really sailing far away from me, away from him, away from everyone.
Now winters are near. All the trees lost their leaves but still they are standing erect.

Today our teacher changed our seats again.
Now I'm sitting again with a boy.
His name is Alex.

"Hey!"

A cheerful voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I was looking outside the window.
I turned my head to look in the direction of the voice.
My eyes got captivated with a pair of brown eyes --eyes which carried a soft and inexpressible expression.

"Hi Alex! Glad to see ya" I responded with enthusiasm trying to match his level of cheerfulness and liveliness.

He smiled.
His hair fell onto his forehead. He ran his long slender fingers through them and managed to make them stick up so that they don't fall again on his forehead.

Why all the boys are so damn obsessed with their hair. I thought a loud.
He smiled more ferociously, showing off his dimple which was on his left cheek.

Crap! He heard what I said. I thought. This time I didn't voiced my thoughts.

"Well there is no specific reason that why we, I mean all the boys are so obsessed with their hair" He said with a smile.

He smiles a lot.

Well I don't have any problem.

After this I found my eyes wandering in the whole classroom. They were searching for a tall boy who had bewitching black eyes.

"He went outside when you were busy peeking outside the window" Alex said.

"Uhm...who?"I asked while processing the words he said just now.

"Your Adrian" He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

My eyes widened.

"See... He is... Not mine...."I said bluntly.

"But you were looking for him... Am I right?" He smirked.

"yeah... I was... But... You know.... "

"I know... You like him!" he snapped.

"No!" I yelled.

"Yessss!!"

"Nooo!"

"Yesss , my lil partner you do like him". His smirk transformed into a wide but genuine smile.

"I'm not little... Don't you ever call me 'lil' again" I uttered with a stern look, I tried my best to look serious.

He chuckled and then started laughing loudly. I raised my right eyebrow. I stared at him in confusion.

He interlaced fingers of his left hand around my wrist and squeezed it gently.

"yyouu.... are sooo cute!" he said finally. Trying to inhale the air and filling his lungs with it.

I still stared with a blank expression.

Then when he calmed down.
I asked why was he laughing.

And

He said:

"How can a girl be cute, lovely and wild at the same time just like a wild flower. "

He stared at me. I stared back.

He pulled my cheeks.

"ughh! It hurts" I said.

"Tell me about Adrian. Tell me how you feel about him. How you feel when he is near you.... When he talk to you.... How you feel when he looks at you... ". He said cheerfully.

I was quiet.

" You can trust me... My lil wild flower". He said with a wink.

I smiled.

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

The time is sailing away but I'm still there on the shore....

Staring at the footprints....

And

waiting for something unexpected to occur... ♡♡♡

~Mahi

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━