[15]~ THE CHANGES

I stuffed a few packets of my favorite peri-peri flavored nachos into my backpack with a few more packets of other chips and  biscuits.

"Bye Beauty!" I yelled back and went outside the house, hearing my mom's annoyed groan when she heard that I called her 'Beauty' again. I giggled and made by way towards our school van.

All the kids were super excited. I was kind of excited too but not because of this so called 'children's day', I was excited to see Alex performing there on the stage in front of our whole school.

I met Lily at our school entrance, she waved her hand up in the air and I did the same.

"Hey! Lily how many snacks you brought today?" I asked her while placing my arm over her shoulder.

"You and your tummy" she laughed and punched my stomach lightly.

We both giggled and made our way towards our school hall, where this event kind of competition or whatever it was, will be taking place.

We occupied the front seats, while Lily kept telling me about her crush. She'd been crushing over one of our senior for a real long time. I don't talk with seniors so I don't know a lot about her crush but still I encouraged her by telling her that "yeah he is a nice guy".

I think he is pretty nice because he always smile while looking at Lily, so yeah.

And that's when I saw Daniel.
"Hey!" I yelled while waving my hand at him. "Hi Luna" he replied back. Daniel was standing among the participants but he made his way towards us.

"Hey Daniel you never told me that you are participating as well..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, my friends said that I should participate in this so here I am" He said while smiling.

"Wow! That's really good.. But I just wanna go and tell our teachers that they don't have to judge anymore because the winner is right in front of us!" I said while gesturing towards him.

He smiled and said "Thank you Luna. It really means a lot to me. But I gotta go now. See ya later"

"Yeah, all the best" I said.

"I thought you'll cheer for me but I was so wrong" Alex said in a sad tone while acting as if he was wiping fake tears.

"What are you doing here? Go and practice... After a few minutes you'll be performing on that freaking stage!" I said while pushing him towards the place were all the participants were standing.

"You really want me to go? Are you sure Luna? I just came here to entertain you" He said.

"Yes I'm sure! I don't need your entertainment. I've Lily here with me" I said in a mocking tone.

"By the way don't forget to cheer for me and I hope you won't steal a lot of glances of Adrian as he is sitting next to your row" He said while pointing at Adrian.

I turned back to look at him and for my utter most surprise, he was really sitting next to my row laughing at some joke which was cracked by one of his friends.

"Bye Wildflower" Alex winked at me and left.

"Best of luck" I replied back.