6) ja'na

Today when my alarm went off for school I didnt feel annoyed. I felt something I havent felt in a long time....I felt happy

It was cool outside so I decided to wear a gray crop top, with Greg tights and black sneakers

"Why you smiling so hard?"

"Because mother Im happy"

"You got some dick? You better make him wrap it up or you gone be like me"

"You got jokes? Whats wrong with you?"

"Daughter...I'm happy"

"Good! I have three classes today and then I start my new job"

"You gotta job?!"

"Yes?"

"Good for you"

"I should get going, i dont wanna be late"

"Aye!"

"Yea?"

"Sometimes people make mistakes but they don't realize it. Whatever is going on with you and marie and those two boys...just ask yourself if its worth it"

"Is what worth it?"

"Is being unhappy worth it?"

"I'm not unhappy"

"But your not happy either"

"I'm happy right now"

"But for how long? I see marie trying to repair what was broken...what about you?"

"I dont want to repair nothing, I just want my life to be the same"

"But whats the point of living when you ain't doing it with someone or the people you love"

"Its not but atleast your living, who wants toxic people in there life?"

"But people change...you changed right?"

"Yea..."

"Maybe second chances are in your future"

"You dont give second chances to people who dont deserve them"

"How do you know they dont deserve them? You haven't witness the changes, a little reminder you've been gone for three years baby girl"

"When did you get all heart to heart"

"When I realized I lost my daughter doing the shit that I did"

"Ma, you didnt lose me"

"Not physically, but alone the way I realized no one got my back like you do....your my first born! The minute you were born you  changed my life forever. You're my little angle"

"Thanks ma"

"Now get on, I didnt wake you up for 17 years for highschool  just for you to be late for college"

The drive to school was breeze, I had time to clear my mind and really think about what my mother said.

So as I stepped foo on campus I searched for those fury brown eyes that belonged to the person i onced called my bestfriend

"You should slow down!"

"Kenzie?"

"The one and only"

"Have you s-"

"What happened during the party, polo and christan came back up but you never came in"

"I had a family emergency, have you s-"

"So whats the deal with you and that guy shawn, people been talking a"

"Kenzie! There you are"

Just the people I wanted to see, hand in hand marie and polo walked behind Christan

"Here I am"

"Why didnt you pick up the phone last night?"

"Because I was with ja'na and we lost track of time, she needed a friend lastnight and im sorry I didnt answer"

I had to do a double take! She just used my name to cover for herself

The look on my face could let them know she was lying

"Is that true?"

Its like he wanted to me call her out or something.

"Marie can we talk its important"

"You didnt want to talk yesterday"

"Its a yes or no question"

"Fine, I got ten minutes before my class start you?"

"I got five but thats all i need, and yes kenzie was with me last night"

He gave me a look

I grabbed marie hand and walked a short distance

"I thought about what you said yesterday all of it and i-"

"Im sorry, I couldnt get any sleep last night because I was thinking, thinking about what you said and thinking of all the shit i did to you because your right! You cant ask for forgiveness for something you don't know you did wrong! I was and still am a terrible bestfriend, I though away years of friendship over words and jealousy and a boy...and im so fucking sorry that I wasnt there for you"

"My mother told me this morning, that she see second chances In my future...I'm willing to try to get back what we had but its gonna take some time marie, especially since your with polo and you hang around Christan...I wont make you stop hanging out or be with them but respect my wish of not wanting to be around them"

"I can accept that, but what if they two can realize what they did Wrong"

"Then maybe...just maybe we could be civil"

"Can I hug you?"

"Its been three years over due "

She though her hands around my neck,

"I missed you"

"I missed you to"

"Dont ever leave me again...take me with you"

"I cant make any promises"

"Your gonna be late for class, but we have to talk about something"

"Ok"

I walked to class with a smile on my face So big so one could wipe it off my face.