Chapter 11:

"Hey!" I screamed. "Don't leave me here! You can't do this!" My heart leaped out of my chest in pure terror. This isn't happening. This is isn't.

"You can't leave me! It's not human! ITS NOT HUMAN!" Desperatation flooded my voice and all my bones felt like ice. I was going to die here. This would all be for nothing. All the lives lost, all the time I spent working and trying to survive. I spilled blood, did the most terrible things...just to live another day. And now, it would all be lost. "You're killing me," I whispered. "You're killing me." I closed my eyes and waited for all of it to be over.

And the door opened again. Carl, a key in hand, runs up to me with bold determination. "Hurry," he quietly whispered as he began to unlock the padlock for the chains.

"How'd you-" I started.

"No time!" He exclaimed. "Do you want me to save you or not?"

As a reply, I nodded forcefully. All thoughts of giving up vanished in a flash. I couldn't believe he came back, but hey, no complaints.

Suddenly, I plummeted to the ground, hitting my head on the floor. The chains fell on top of me with a clank! My head began to throb and the room started to spin. Carl was at my side immediately. "Are you okay?" His concern was apparent.

"I'm fine," I mumbled, rubbing my injured head.

He pulled me up, practically dragging me out the door. What I saw was pure chaos. The entire town of Terminus was in flames. Walkers unlike anything I'd ever seen were tearing people apart....while on fire. The burning walkers were everywhere, surrounding us. One grabbed Carl's arm and was about to bite him when I yanked him away. Quickly, I kicked the burning walker to the ground and bashed his head in with my foot. Gooey substances got all over my shoe, but I didn't care. Now wasn't the time for a fashion statement.

"Come on!" Carl yelled and ran through the maze of the living dead. Rick stood, shooting various walkers and Terminans. When he saw Carl, his face cortorted and he dashed to Carl, hugging him tightly.

"I told you to stay by my side!" Rick yelled, his gravelly voice almost terrifying.

"Now isn't the time for a parental lecture," Daryl interrupted as an explosion went off a twenty feet away. "We need to GO!!!"

And then, we ran.