2. Make sure she has a good night's sleep and be with her during nightmares.

It wasn't late yet.  I came back from work. 

I looked at Alice, but she was sleeping, so I didn't wake her up.  I sat in the living room and turned on the TV to watch some news.  But unfortunately, apart from another shop robbery (which we already took care of), nothing was interesting. 

Betty and Jughead went to Veronica for some party (of course non-alcoholic. These Kids, these days), and Jellybean went to her mother for the weekend.  So I and Alice were alone.  I've always dreamed of staying alone with her at home.  And when finally my dream came true...

I heard a scream. And I immediately ran to the bedroom. 

Alice shuffled on the bed with the duvet.  

"Get off me! Don't touch! No! Leave my fingers! Leave! No" she began to cry, and my heart began to bleed at the sight.  

I immediately knelt beside her on the bed and gripped her hands firmly to calm her down.  

"Alice, it's me. FP" I said calmly and brought my face closer to hers. "Open your eyes," I asked.  

"I don't want to," she whispered.  

I took her in my arms and hugged her tightly.  

"Shhh," I whispered into her ear.  I was terrified because I'd never seen Alice like this before.  

"He was cutting people's fingers off because he knew someone was undercover," she said after a moment in a trembling voice.  I patted her hair.  "I confessed to being a plug. He took me to a motel hotel, where he tried to extract information using force. Without feeding me. God, how terrible it was," she whispered.  I felt that she finally wanted to let it go.

"He won't come back. Edgar is dead."

"I know. I know," she replied. I had the feeling that Alice was slowly coming back to herself.

"It's just a bad dream," I whispered, still holding her in my arms.

She repeated the "bad dream" like a mantra and took a deep breath. 

"It's over. It's okay"

She looked at me and gently touched my cheek.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" I asked uncertainly and she nodded.

"I won't mind," she replied. "Next time, just hold me tight and don't let me go," she added with a smile and lay down on the bed.

I sat on the bed, unsure if I could lie down next to me. We haven't shared the bed for a long time.

"You think too much," I heard her voice.

Her hand touched mine.

"Huh?" I looked at her, though it was hard to see her face in the dark.

"I feel your head working, FP. It will tire you out"

"What?"

"Yes, you can lie next to me. I told you earlier that I wouldn't mind"

She read my thoughts, just like an open book. I was impressed.

I lay down next to her, facing her. I looked into her beautiful, big eyes.

"Close your eyes" I whispered and patted her cheek. "And go to sleep" I added. Obediently she complied with my request and smiled gently.

"I will feel better when you also close your eyes and fall asleep," she whispered and came closer to me. She put one hand under my arm and embraced me around the waist, and put the other hand on my chest.