"it's 11:11...",

"It's 11:11... make a wish", you say slightly sarcastically as you put your phone back were it was, sitting right next to the two of you playing Deathcab for cutie. You never believed in that kind of thing - wishes, luck, love at first sight- but she did.

You put your hands back under the blanket that was laying across your laps. It was her blanket, it was so soft- like her- you think. It smelled like her too- you think vaguely- sweet like vanilla but also something sweeter like raspberries. And that little something that smelled like the forest after it had rained for days. That was her- always a sense of nostalgia for memories that never happened. She just had that power over you- you smile slightly at the thought. You hear a small shuffle that brings you out of your thoughts, it's her, moving closer to you. You now feel her thigh pressed up against yours, and her fitting her small body into your side, her hands under the blanket reach over and find yours. Slowly she intertwines you fingers, you could feel the slight shaking in her movements, but you can't decide if it's the cold getting to her or the anxiety. Either way you gently squeeze her hand back and tilt your head down to look at her instead of the millions of stars above you two.

When you look down at her face, she was already looking at you. Her hair as black as the night without the stars, the soft light coming from the moon above, highlights the best features of her face. The way her freckles look over her nose and cheeks, you think are better then all stars in the night sky. The way the light fans out her eyelashes over her cheeks, that she always thought were to chubby. But you absolutely adored. And her eyes. God, her eyes- her eyes right now held the stars. You look into her eyes and see the entire galaxy in them.

And ever so gently, her always pretty pink, soft lips whisper..."you"...her voice only a little raspy from not talking for two hours, but her voice still as smooth as the skin on her hips.

And it's the only thing you hear. Nothing else in this terrible world matters because she's here in you arms, looking into your eyes, and she's falling in love. And you are too. You both just sit there staring at each other with the smallest of smiles gracing your lips. By now the first song has ended, and her favorite song starts on your playlist. Passenger seat by deathcab for cutie. And oh god, it's so cliche, but so beautiful. This girl is here smiling at you like an idiot and you? You look the exact same.

You sit there, neither of you moving. Just staring into each other's eyes. And smiling. As you sit there you remember childhood, all the good things. You remember the first time you saw her. And you remember the dreams she had, the nightmares she had. And you remember her, always saving her. And you swear it to all the gods you dont believe, to always love and protect her.

By now its 11:16, and the song has ended. But the music is just background noise with the rest of the nights wonders. You're still looking at her, and she's still looking at you. Your phone buzzes from beside you. You dont hear it. But it's your mom texting you, asking where you are, and saying you're already 16 minutes late to be home. But you dont care. Because you're here. With her. Sitting in the back of your truck watching the stars in her eyes and falling in love.

○●○●○●○
I'm a cheesy motherfucker

630