Thirty Six

The coach blew the final whistle of that match. Your eyes quickly shifted over to the scoreboard at the very end of the court.

'15:10', that was what the digital board displayed. The crowd cheered for what felt like the millionth time that day, but everyone was still feeling as energetic as they would be in the morning.

The Busan High School boys team had won in that match, and from the bleachers you could tell they were very excited. You jumped up and down overly happy and proud of them.

Your eyes widened as you saw at least two of them take off their shirts waving them over their heads. The crowd just got even more ear piercingly louder than before.

"I'm so proud of the guys! They did great!" You shouted over to Eunha while jumping up and down still a little excited.

"Yeah! And because they won this match, they get a chance in winning the national trophy at the finals!" Eunha replied as the two teams made their way back to the locker rooms, one of them less excited than the other.

"And they're most definitely going to win. I mean with the way they've been practicing and all." Eunha continued, making you come to a halt. You swallowed the lump in your throat upon remembering that the girls had a match the following day.

"We can't be too sure. The team they play against could be just as intimidating as the guys." You said, clearing your throat afraid of what your friend might say at your statement.

Eunha remained silent painfully long until you decided to turn your gaze over to hers, locking eyes immediately. There was a visible frown on her face. "Y/N, are you doubting the strength of our team?"

You shook your head fast paced at that. Never would you try to measure down the team.

"It's not that Eunha, it's just that," You took a few deep breaths in and released it all in just one. "The nerves are just getting to me, that's all. We have a game tomorrow against a tough team. If we lose it's surely going to be my fault."

You could still recall all the times you would lose the ball in practice, the times when you fell as you reached for an over head. So embarrassing. All those times you grew tired before everyone else, having to pause the game to regain your composure.

Yeah, if you lost it wouldn't be your fault at all.

"You've been practicing a lot harder than anyone these last few days. Don't bring yourself down, okay?"

You nodded but still frowned when she realised that it was only to assure her.

"And if we lose, it would be just another chance to try even harder than the last time." You finally smiled making her smile as well.

"Let's head back to the hotel. I'm so tired from cheering all day." You both gathered your belongings before making your way out of the complex, and from all that noise.

There was the occasional laugh between you both as you recalled the memories made during the match.

"And you cheered so loud, I thought you were going to lose your voice at one point but no. You just got even louder." You laughed even more as Eunha had the smug look on her face.

"What can I say? I have an inner cheerleader in me that just, wanted to be set free." She laughed a little at that statement as you made your way onto the sidewalk of the building.

"Ah, we'll congratulate the boys when they come back too. I'll tell the rest of the girls that as well so they don't wait up for us." You hummed in agreement as Eunha pulled out her phone to deliver the message.