Forty Six

Jungkook made his way into the tall building. The walk to the reception was hard enough as it with all the pressure he was feeling in that moment, but the crowded lobby helped distract him from his worries for even a mere second. He maneuvered his way around the fast walking bodies avoiding head on collisions with stacks of files and hot cups of coffee.

Jungkook sighed as he adjusted the backpack strap that rolled onto his forearm. His uniform was still spotless but it was a giveaway. He was supposed to be in school, but decided to come here instead.

He slowly made his way towards the big round reception area. Towards the side sat a woman, nearly dressed. She didn't notice his presence at first because she was typing away on the keyboard of the computer while talking to a client on her ear piece. The woman moved about on her wheeled chair grabbing files and such before placing them in front of her.

Jungkook patiently tapped on the counter waiting for her to finish up the call. He wasn't usually this patient but he was too scared to confront his past so he happily accepted the delay.

The woman stopped talking momentarily as she caught a glimpse of Jungkook's figure from the corner of her. She smiled before turning to her side to grab a transparent garner bag, in it a dark blue suit .

"I apologise for keeping you waiting, sir. Your father is in his office as usual." She placed the bag on the counter in front of Jungkook. "Please take this up to him on your way u-" Jungkook interrupted her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I am who you think I am." He laughed awkwardly when she turned to face him looking over him properly. She clasped her hand over her mouth when she realised the mistake she had made.

"My mistake! I didn't take a good look at you. You just looked so much like him-" She laughed while shaking her head as a mean of gaining her composure. It had been such a silly mistake to make. "Anyway, do you have a scheduled appointment?"

Jungkook rubbed his nape awkwardly. He did not think things through at all instead he had done things on a whim. "Umm..not really." He stared at his feet thinking he had just wasted this woman's time. "I just showed up unannounced, didn't I? I guess I'll just get going then-"

She smiled when he went on a little rant mumbling words to himself but still audible enough for her to hear. He reminded her of Jongho.

"You're here to see the CEO, Mr Jeon, right?" He turned to looked at her and nodded.

"Have a seat over there." She pointed over to the lounge before turning back to the computer and continued typing away. "I'll see what I can do for you."

His eyes lit up in excitement. Jungkook bowed multiple times to the receptionist to show his gratitude. "Thank you!"

She smiled at him as he made his way over to the lounge.

~~~

You glanced at your watch before turning to look around for your boyfriend. The both of you always went to school together whether it be by bus or walking so you knew that he was going to show any minute now. The bus pulled up from the corner and halted in front of the bus stop. You turned to look at the people that scrambled to get on the big piece of metal.You bit your lip in worry, this was third one that passed by. If you didn't board this bus you would surely miss the first period.

You sighed as you moved closer waiting for your turn to board. 'He isn't going to show up, is he? But why didn't he tell me? Is he sick again?' You thought as you slid your boarding pass against the scanner before moving to the back to grab a seat.