Clowns

Dust

They came at night and attacked the town. Alpha Liam's wolves were attacking anyone who stood in their way, no matter it was human or werewolf. Alpha Henry ordered us to fight back and and protect the pack and town's people. so I was leading my team into town. we had all shifted to our wolves and were prepared.

But the town was different from what we were expecting. it was a mess. the humans, terrified of the sudden attack of man-wolves were hopelessly running everywhere trying to escape. some with babies and children, some with their whole families and some alone. I pointed at my team to protect them and lead them towards the mansion, then attack the invaders. Alex was the first to attack. he tackled a brown wolf and started wrestling with him and the the rest followed. I wanted to help but all I could think of was Robin. so I started running towards her home.

The streets were a nightmare of fire, bodies and blood. everywhere I turned my head I saw wolves attacking people and other wolves. I ran past them as fast as I could and got to her apartment. I broke down the door and ran all upstairs and broke her apartment door. her house was quiet and dark. I shifted to my human and looked around. everything was normal and I didn't know if that was a god sign.

-"Robin!" I called. "Robin where are you?" I yelled out. I ran upstairs towards her bedroom and saw her sitting on an armchair by the window with Cat on her laps.

-"Robin! why didn't you answer me? hurry we gotta go!" I said. no respond. she still kept staring out the window. "Robin did you hear me? we have to go! I'll explain everything later!" silence. "Are you even listening?!" I yelled angrily.

I approached her, putting my hand on her shoulder.

-"Please Robin, you're my mate. I can't leave you behind!" I said and her body slowly tilted towards me and then, I could see the blood on her shirt and hair and huge bite mark on her neck and shoulder.

-"ROBIN!" I yelled and looked at her terrified. her soulless blue eyes were open and staring at me. "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" I yelled while crying and hugged her tight on the floor.

-"Hard to lose a mate isn't it? one would think you'd feel something like that..." I looked up and saw Alpha Liam approaching. he was wearing the same suit he was wearing the Christmas night with a smirk on his face.

-"What the fuck did you do...?" I said between sobs, angrily.

-"Me? I did nothing. it was all you. you killed her. look at yourself if you don't believe me."

-"huh?!" I slowly got up and looked at the mirror. there was a lot of blood on my shirt and hands and worst of all, in my mouth. suddenly I could taste it in my mouth as it streamed from my mouth on the floor.

-"...No no no no no I-I couldn't have..." I looked at myself terrified.

-"Yes. you could have and you did. you killed her just like you killed your mother."

-"No!" I yelled and punched the mirror, breaking it.

-"Yes. she died because of you. just like your mother did because of you. and just like Alex, Elsa, Frost and Alice and everyone you love is dying out there for you cause you're not there to help them. you killed them all."

-"Stop it! STOP IT!" I said and threw the mirror on the ground and ran to Robin, who was lying on the floor and held her tight.

-"Why didn't you Dust? why didn't you protect me?" my eyes wide opened and looked down to see Robin talking. "I knew you couldn't protect me. you didn't even tell me the truth about yourself. and then you killed me."