Chapter 12 | A hard day...

*Time skip to the next morning*

I woke up and found myself alone in the bed.

Soarin must've left early for work.

I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and mane then walked towards the baby room and saw thunder still asleep.

He was shifting sideways and tilting his head.

I opened the crib's gate thing and pushed it down so that i could get thunder.

I carried him and he started to cry,

Oh damn..

"Shhhh, it's ok honey" i told him.

I grabbed a bottle milk and tried to feed him but he wont take it.

Something must be wrong...

I gently placed him on a couch and he started crying even more.

I peeked trough his diaper to see if he made a mess of something.

Nothing was wrong there.

I took him on my hooves again and noticed how his body temperature started going down.

"Ok you're scaring mommy" i told him and flew to the cabinet to get a thermometer.

I turned it on and placed it under his armpit.

I took a pacifier and placed it on his mouth, He looked at it and finally took it and stayed quiet...

Atleast... For two seconds..

*Crying intensifies*

The thermometer started beeping and i slid it out of his armpit and i looked at it.

Oh celestia, He has a fever!

We have to go doctor heart.

I put him on some warm and comfortable clothes then headed outside.

*********

I knocked on doctor heart's door and thankfully her schedule wasn't full. I told her what happened and she did regular check ups on the baby.

*****

"I'm surprised you only came now. You do know babies need regular check up right?" She told me while she was doing the check ups.

"Y-yeah we missed our first session last time cause we we're busy" i told her apologetically.

"It's fine. Anyway you're baby is not in a dangerous state so that's good news, he just had a cold and had trouble breathing through his nostrils but we'll take care of that." The doctor explained.

"Is there a cure for colds?" I asked

She then looked at me and said

"There's no cure for the common colds. Antibiotics don't work against cold viruses so just try to make your baby feel more comfortable with measures such as suctioning nasal mucus and keeping the air moist." She replied and i nodded

"Do you sleep with her or does he have a room?" The doctor asked.

"he sleeps in another room" i replied.

"I see, since he's only a month old i advice you to be always beside him at any costs. Babies need a lot of attention and i know that you already know that. So don't let your baby sleep in another room until he's 1 year old or more. " The doctor said.

"I understand"

She smiled and gave me a snot sucker

"You're baby has a runny nose so be sure to use the snot sucker atleast 4 times a day." She said and i took it.

"Thank you doctor heart" i said and paid her before leaving with thunder.

******

The moment i got home i placed thunder on my bed and moved his crib into our bedroom. I know i should've thought of this before but Twilight and the others had no problems when their babies are in another room so i thought thunder would react the same....

I placed thunder on my bed and took off his clothes so that he'd feel more comfortable. I gave him his pacifier and gently rocked the bed until he fell asleep.

I smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

I went outside of the room and left the door open just incase he cries and i would be able to hear it.

I flew downstairs and suddenly somepony knocked on my door.

I turned around and opened the door.

"Hey dash" soarin greeted.

I looked at him surprisingly,

"You're here early" i told him and he chuckled.

"Uhm, no. Didn't you see outside? It's kinda getting dark" he said and i quickly glanced at the wall clock.

Oh damn its 6:00!?

"Ah! I lost track of time! I haven't even prepared dinner yet! Soarin i-"

He interrupted my sentence with a kiss.

Why does he keep doing that???

He looked at me calmly and chuckled at my behaviour.

"From the look of your face i can tell you've been busy too so it's fine. I've been wanting to cook dinner for us for once." He chuckles 

"Where's our son?" He added

"Upstairs sleeping. He had a high fever earlier this morning and i had to take him to doctor heart for a check up" i explained then he immediately looked worried.

"Is he ok now?" He asked.

I nodded. "Doctor heart have me a snot sucker and told me to atleast use it 4 times a day"

He then smiled in relief, "that's good news dash. Sorry i can't be here during times like this" he said apologetically

"It's fine. I'm just sad I wasn't able to make dinner yet." I told him

"No worries, I'll make it myself while you" he says while putting a wing around me.

"Go ahead and fix yourself" he added

I playfully rolled my eyes and slapped his wing away.

I chuckled and said, "I'm just hoping that you're cooking something edible" i teased and walked towards the bathroom

"Oh it's something that'll make you fall in love with me even deeper" he said.

I laughed at his statement..

"We'll see.."

*******

Pssst! *Whispers* if you're having a hard day i hope this story could atleast lighten up your mood a whittle bit🥰

Thunder in the future (5 years old) : i whill make swure yu enjoy m-more of ar chapturs