XI

I pulled Ben through the jungle, nearing the grand waterfall that splashed down to a lake in the planets beautiful landscape. I stood on the edge of a cliff and saw it across the way, I didn't realize how far away it was until I saw it from here.

I looked up at Ben and he looked his breath had been taken. I smiled and pulled him along, I knew a quicker way.

"Hold on to me" I demanded, I smiled and stood on a loose boulder on the side of the cliff. I held my hand out and used the force to slowly detach the rock and lower us toward the ground. I could feel Ben's hands on my shoulder as I let us float down, I didn't open my eyes until I felt the giant rock touch the ground.

I opened my eyes to see Ben running toward the water, I laughed and followed after him. He stood at the edge of the lake and looked up at the behemoth waterfall ahead of us. The crashing water was loud in my ears and the smell of the water filled my nose. Ben knelt down to the lake and cupped his hands, splashing the water on to his face. I sat on the edge of the water and dragged my finger through the clear water.

"I guess you've never swam before?" I guessed, he surprisingly nodded his head at me.

"My father taught me, when we visited Kashyyyk" he said happily, he sounded so comfortable talking about memories with his father. It made me happy that he didn't hesitate to talk about Han anymore.

Ben stood up and took off his shoes and socks, rolling up his pants to his knees and walking in to the cold water. He hissed at the freezing temperatures but he just balled his fists and endured the quick bite of pain. I laughed as he started to walk around in the water, hands in his pockets and staring down at the blue water.

"I guess I um...never thanked you for saving me off Exegol" he said suddenly, the sound of the falls nearly muting him. I just smiled and looked to the ground, "it was the only choice I had after you saved me...I guess I haven't formally thanked you either" I laughed. He smiled and nodded his head, kicking water opposite of me.

"It was weird because...when my mother brought me back...I didn't feel asleep or weak, I was just..."

"Unconscious?" I guessed, he nodded his head and ran his fingers through his hair.
"I cant say that same" I mumbled, laughing at my small joke.

"Why not?" Ben asked, I guess I didn't say it as quiet as I thought.

"When you brought me back, I was super exhausted and drained from trying to bring you back. When Exegol was being destroyed..." I stopped what I was going to say.

I saved him over my life, would he feel guilty if I told him. No, he gave his life for mine.

"I made sure you were safe before I was" I summarized, he smiled and walked over to the edge of the water.

"I guess we both have a problem for saving each other" he joked, I nodded my head and laughed along with him.

He reached out his hand and grabbed mine, pulling me toward the water but I stopped him.

"I don't know how to swim" I blurted out, he just laughed and motioned toward the water.

"Then I'll teach you" he said plainly, I laughed and shook my head, "I don't know..." I did with a clear worried tone.

"You'll be fine" he said softly, he held out his hand and I kicked off my boots, throwing them to the side. I pulled off the sand colored wrap on my shoulder and laid it off to the side as well.

I grabbed Ben's hand and stepped in to the cold water, a chill went up my spine from the quick coolness nipping at my skin. I sucked in a breath and let it out slowly as I walked farther in to the water.

The water touched the bottom of my pants and I stopped but Ben didn't. He kept walking out and expected me to walk out with him.
I just laughed and stayed put, he let go of my hand and floated backwards on the water. He dove his head under the water and all that followed was silence and small bubbles floating to the surface of the water.

I waited for a minute before I looked away for just a second. I started to panic, he's been under the water for a while and I don't know how long people can stay underwater and I just saw him! And now he was gone!

"Ben?" I called, to no avail. My heart started to beat in my chest, where was he?
"Ben!" I yelled. No answer.

I took a risk and I started to walk farther in to the water, I didn't know what my plan was I just had to look for him.