CHAPTER THREE

Mikey and Bob, formerly referred to as Michael and Robert, were awkwardly hanging out.
Awkwardly because they each had a secret.

But they were the best of friends! They told each other everything!
From first kisses to first boners, to the times they caught their parents getting it on.

Well, except for the fact that
Gerard's a murderer
and Frank's a cannibal.

Oh no, they didn't dare tell each other about that.

So now they just sat at a picnic table under a tree, their meeting place, with tension oh-so-tight you could slice it with a knif--

"Hey guys!" Greeted a fellow young adult with a cheerful smile. "What's up?"

Mikey grinned, "The sky!" He yelled and with his arms out wide.

Ray Toro was this new person's name, and he was about as sweet as honey. The twenty-four year old had not a single bad bone in his body, and everyone loved him dearly.

Bob smiled as he and Ray did their short handshake. What a nice dude.
"Nothin' much, 'sup with you?"

"Oh," he said with his charming smile, "Not much with me either, I just got off of work."

"Ooh the record store, right?" Mikey asked with excitement.

"Yeah! It's an awful lot of fun, I mainly just organize and wait to assist customers."

"Man, that's cool!" Bob said with wide eyes. "Mikey, we gotta get jobs there or something."

"Well if I were to put in a good word, maybe you guys can.." Ray sat down across from Bob.

Mikey nodded and sat down on the table. "Please? That'd be so cool."

"Of course!" The nice friend laughed. "I mean, it'd be so cool to work with you guys."

A silence fell over the trio, and it slowly started to feel suffocating.
An awkward silence, once again.

Mikey felt a nervous sweat fall over him. Shit.
The fact that his older brother, who both Bob and Ray knew as a nice guy, was a goddamned murderer hung over his head like a dark cloud.

Bob didn't look much better, in fact he looked a bit green.
Does he know? Oh no, please, no.
It could be something else. Something entirely different. Fat chance, in this world you always have to worry.

Mikey looked over to Ray, the nicest guy on the planet.
Does he know?
No, probably not. He looks too calm, too innocent to know.
Ray's the kind of guy who you'd gasp at if he simply said "fuck".
He couldn't possibly know.
..Could he?

×  ·  ×  ·  ×  ·  ×  ·  ×