Fifteen

My camera roll was filled with pointless videos of London stealing my phone when I wasn't looking. Apparently, this was often because there were so many of them at different spots that I almost felt dumb for not having checked earlier.

Heartbreak has a way of not letting you feel anything but it's presence.

London's greenish eyes landed on mine. She wore the shirt I loved at her house while I was taking a shower. Her lips painted a richer cherry colour and I almost stopped breathing when she smiled.

Fuck, I was in love with her.

I'd come to terms with that while clutching my chest at the dinner table. My chest pains were happening at every thought of her and it was becoming problematic. The pain was thick and unbearable, especially at night. So I did the only reasonable thing and made it worse.

"Victoria Adair, you are something else. I've gotta make this quick because if you see this before you're supposed to then I'm gonna be mad." Her features were delicate as she leaned towards the camera, eyes glistening, "You mean the fucking world to me."

And then I was clutching my chest some more because London didn't just openly swear. She often gaped when I swore myself.

The world. I mean the world to her.

Was that something you say to a summer fling?
Did she say that to everyone?
How the hell could I ever think I'm special?

She was so beautiful that all of my thoughts overlapped like a Venn diagram. Her fingertips against mine. My head on her chest.

Everything hurt.

Noah opened my door, his body colliding with my own as he pulled me into his small arms. He was holding me as I did him as tears fell down my face.

Victoria Adair does not cry nevertheless fall in love. Yet here I was, crying all over Noah's Spider-Man pajamas. It was late and he had known that something was wrong.

My brother was nothing short of a genius.

He was also an eight-year-old now.

His birthday was yesterday but today was his party. This meant that if I didn't pull a full 180 and start being a happy big sister, I'd be contributing to the ruining of our family.

"London said she'd come to my party. She said she'd bring me my own volleyball! I don't want her to come if she makes you sad," Noah's eyes were so cute earnest, and pure. I hid my pain as any older sibling would do.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It won't make me sad if she comes. But she might be busy. However, I'll be heartbroken if you don't choose my outfit. You are my stylist after all."

Noah grinned and raced to my closet. He went through my hangers as if he was pondering over an art gallery.

His lips frowned momentarily, "I wish I had a shirt like this."

It was a dark green velvet crop top with spaghetti straps. Noah pursed his lips and looked at me and I was caught off guard but not enough to wear it in my features.

"It's yours then buddy, it'll look good with those denim jeans with the knee cuts." I wriggled my eyebrows at him and he beamed like a Christmas tree.

He peeled off his Spider-Man pajama shirt and pulled the soft fabric over his head. Because of his height, the cropped shirt wasn't cropped at all. Noah ran his fingertips across the velvet and murmured, "Thanks Tor Tor!"