Fourteen

You should wear that one shirt with the stuff on it my love;)

London was refusing to help me find something to wear and I was getting annoyed. I had the strong urge to call her right then and there but I didn't. Because my insides were a mess and Noah was throwing clothes at me that I didn't know existed.

Tonight, I was meeting London's parents and apparently they were kind of just like me at first impression; sarcastic and nonchalant. That was absolutely terrifying. I could barely cope with myself, how was I supposed to handle rich sarcastic adults?

"Those shoes and this shirt. Or you can wear this dress," Noah flung the dress at me and I cringed, shaking my head in denial.

He sighed dramatically, his green eyes clearly just as frustrated as I was, "You wore it in Scotland when Danny and you went to that concert."

"Exactly why I can't wear it again, ever. It's a girl thing, Noah." I attempted to explain it to him but he wouldn't understand. He'd much rather be at a friend's house than at home with us. Because Dad was still being an ass and mom was encouraging it and I was never really home.

Noah was suffering.

Dad knocked only three seconds before barging in. I knew it was him because he did the same pattern every time before he was coming in. It was similar to a drum roll and his green eyes were sincerely guilty.

He wore the baby blue shirt that Noah had picked him out for Christmas and attempted to look casual. It wasn't working because my Dad wasn't a casual person. He was outgoing and lighthearted. Not angry and livid.

Our father shoved his hands in his pockets and sort of rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet. It was odd, watching my father nervously shift in my room.

"I've been pretty upset lately and I've been taking it out on the household, more specifically Noah." Our father gave him a glance, in which he ignored and continued his speech, "So I'd like to apologize. I'm sorry for yelling and slamming stuff, it wasn't very cool of me."

I laughed, "You're right Dad, wasn't very cool of you,"

Noah didn't spare him a glance, he just kept going through my closet nonchalantly. His small hands shuffling through the clothes that he hadn't dismantled yet.

Dad nodded nevertheless and hesitated before leaving. Noah came out of the closet, his eyes glistening with something that resembled excitement as he tossed me white overalls. They were short and summer-like and also better than anything I would've chosen for myself. I kissed his face, forgetting that future eight-year-olds don't do kisses.

He let it slide this time and grinned happily, "You're hard to dress but I'll still be your stylist if you want,"

"Always Noah, always. Now get out so I can change," I teased and he stuck his tongue out at me and claimed to be writing my bill.

If he thought I was actually paying it, he was highly mistaken.

My phone buzzed repeatedly and it took me a few moments to realize that it was ringing.

I answered it and immediately heard a lot from my annoyed girlfriend. Apparently leaving her on read earlier was unacceptable.

"You can't just use my own words against me American, that's not how this works." I frowned although she couldn't see me and assumed that her eyes widened with shock. London paused, probably to prevent herself from yelling at me. She was so cute when she was mad that I honestly debated starting stuff on purpose.