Welcome Back...?

Kara's POV: 

Alex really went all out for this engagement party. Everything about it is amazing and I'm so happy...the happiest I've been in a long time. I look over at Ezra, who's talking to his friends on the other side of the room. He sees me looking at him and flashes me a smile. I smile back and go back to my conversation with Lena and Nia.

"Oh my god, it's gorgeous!" Lena exclaims as she takes a good look at my ring. "I told you he was planning on proposing!" 

"Did he tell you?" I ask curiously. 

"No, I had no idea!" 

"Well, you were right..."

"And I bet you didn't even have to to think about it!"

"You guys are so adorable. I can't wait for the wedding..." Nia adds. 

Alex comes up to us with a big smile on her face. She gives me a hug and then greets Lena and Nia. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go get something to drink. I'll be right back." I say as I walk over to the refreshments table. 

"Kara, hi!" Ezra's step mom exclaims happily. I'm really glad she's here since we only see each other every once in a while when they visit National City or when Ezra and I visit Colorado. 

"Patricia! How are you?" I reply. 

"I'm good!" she answers. "Ezra just told me how he proposed...in Vermont..."

"Yeah, right before midnight...you know him, always so romantic..." 

"Yeah, you guys are so darn cute...I'm sure Ezra's mom would've loved you..."

"Thank you...that means a lot..." I say with a smile. Ezra's step mom puts a hand on my shoulder and walks aways. 

"Kara, there's been an emergency at work..." Winn says as he runs up to me in a hurry. 

"Winn, it's my engagement party! I'm pretty sure one of the editors at Catco can handle it..."  I answer, a bit frustrated. 

"Um...this isn't a Catco situation, Kara," Winn replies. He gets closer and whispers, "We need you and J'onn. Remember the submarine attacks? Well, the city sent some people out to explore the affects of the attack and they found something weird in the bed rock. Here, I'll show you..." 

Winn pulls out his phone and shows me a video of the exploration team getting attacked but a weird ship. 

"Did they survive?" I asked, worried about the people's safety. 

"Yeah, they're ok. But the thing is, I ran a geothermal scan so I could find the coordinates and according to the scan and the rock layers, that ship has been underground for about 6,000 years. And the metal that the ship is made out of is something I've never seen before...definitely not on the periodic table..." 

"Um...ok, let's split up and try to find J'onn so we can check it out..." I say, very confused about this unusual news. Winn and I walk around the venue, looking for J'onn. Suddenly, I feel someone grab my hand. 

"Hey, are you looking for someone?" Ezra asks with a smile as he grabs my waist. 

"Um, yeah. I need to find J'onn. It's urgent. They found an old ship and they think it might be dangerous. They need Supergirl to check it out."

"Right now? Kara, it's our engagement party..." Ezra says as he takes his hands off my waist and places them on his hips.

"I know, I'm sorry..." I apologize. 

"Um...it's ok...when will you be back?"

"I don't know..." 

Ezra scratches his neck and sighs.