CH 3--Iroh's Story

A/N this is pretty much Irohs pov on trying to find Ren before getting attacked by the melon lord

IROH

walking through the forest was calming and peaceful, i noticed a glowing light and decided to follow it.

i followed the light to a little girl by a tree, i picked her up and walked into the forest a bit more and then was knocked over by some rocks, "ow that hurt my tailbone"

a small girl in a green outfit was there clearly defensive "why do you have Ren?" she practically growled

after she calmed down we walked to a pathway and i brewed some tea.

i handed her a cup but she doesn't seem to notice, "here is your tea, you seem to be a little too young to be traveling alone" i ask more of to myself.

"you seem a little old" she said bluntly taking the tea. I laugh "perhaps i am"

"i know what your thinking. i look like i cant handle being by myself" i wasn't though , "i wasn't thinking that"

"you wouldn't even let me pour my own tea" she said clearly stressed "i poured your tea because i wanted to, and for no other reason" i said using my wisdom from over the years

"people see me and think i'm weak. they want to take care of me. but i can take care of myself by myself" this reminded me of Zuko. "you sound like my nephew, always thinking you need to do things on your own without anyone's support. there is nothing wrong with letting people who love you help you." "well not that i love you i just met you"

she laughed sweetly, "so where is your nephew?" "i've been tracking him actually"

"is he lost?" she asked with a curious tone. i noticed the other girl... ren start to wake up "yes, a little bit. his life has recently changed and hes going through very difficult times. He is trying to figure out who he is, and he went away...."

she had a faraway look in her eyes but is still clearly there. "so... now your following him " i honestly trusted this stranger i met. "i know he doesn't want me around right now, but, if he needs me ill be there "

by now the other girl is awake and she had the same eyes as this earth bender so i assumed they were siblings. "your nephew is very lucky, even if he doesn't know it." she stood up and the other girl followed. "thank you" they both say in unison.

"my pleasure, sharing tea with two fascinating strangers is one of life's true delights" the other girl, Ren, spoke "no thank you for what you said it really helped her" she stayed silent for a moment. "about your nephew, maybe you should tell him that you need him too."

and with that the two girls looped their arms together and they left.

" heh, their string is thick enough to be considered an entire ball of yarn"

AN: well iroh can see the red strings of fate, the next part will continue with rens pov