Chapter 03

Yoongi POV

She had not sent me anything for at least two weeks and I was beginning to think she didn't want me to have her number, which I understood. I was virtually a stranger to her.

Hi, can we talk? This is Hwang Sun-Hi

I felt a sudden rush of adrenaline when I saw her text. The guys told me I couldn't talk to her privately, Namjoon even went as far to say he'd keep an eye on me. A dating scandal was not something we needed, but I wasn't going to date this girl, I just wanted to make sure she was alright.

I quickly texted her back.

Yes of course! You want to call or meet? I'm @ the office.

I looked at Jin and Jimin sitting in front of me on the floor of our practice room, munching on noodles. I could get away for a little bit, they wouldn't notice a thing while they were eating. Give them food and it's like their brains just shut off and all they can think about is eating.

Meet please, now if you can.

I felt desperation through her text. She was not doing fine, I knew it. PD-nim can say all he wants, but this girl needs actual support and maybe even a good talk with a professional about this.

There is a supply closet around the corner of the practice room we met. Nobody ever goes in there, I'll wait inside.

Jin and Jimin barely looked at me as I got up and headed towards the door. "I'll be right back," I said and left the practice room. They made affirmative noises with their mouth's full. 

I opened up the door of the supply closet, a musty room filled with cleaning supplies the cleaning crew used whenever we were all gone for the day. To my surprise Sun-Hi was already standing there her arms wrapped around her body, she must have been in a hurry.

"Were you busy?" She asked me quietly.

"Not really," I said and took a good look at her. She looked very stressed and very nervous.

"Good. I thought I'd take you up on your offer." She said.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at her, waiting for her to tell me what was going on.

"I feel kind of awkward standing here with you. I'm sorry." She said.

I chuckled "I agree." It did feel a bit weird, neither of us knew each other and here we are, standing in front of each other in a small room.

"It's just, I felt like I couldn't breathe all of a sudden. And then I remembered you told me I could talk to you if I needed it." She said. "So here I am."

She fidgeted a little with her sweater.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked her. It was clear something was bothering her.

"Anything, distract me, please." She said and gave me a weak smile.

I sat down on an upside-down bucket and started thinking about a subject I could talk about with her that would distract her. It was very clear she didn't want to talk about what was going on and I wouldn't press it.

"You know what my absolute favorite thing to do is? And no not sleeping, like so many people keep saying. I like riding my bike around. It's just so relaxing when the wind is blowing through your hair and there is nothing but a beautiful view in front of you." I started talking. "I don't get to do it very often anymore, but it is still something I enjoy a lot, especially after a tough day at work."

"That sounds really nice." She looked at me. "I haven't been on a bike since I moved to Seoul. It's been years."

"That's what a big city with good public transportation will do to you." I laughed and she smiled back. "You should come with me when I sneak out again to ride around on a bike for a bit." I said before I even thought twice about what I just said.