Chapter 09

Sun-Hi POV

"You deserved it. You work so hard and you also do so much for me. I wanted to thank you in a way that I knew would mean a lot to you." I said.

He just stared at me for a bit and I felt something in the air change. It was almost like the air got thicker around us.

"Can I do something? It might freak you out, if it's too much just let me know." I asked him.

"Sure." He said, although sounding not so sure.

I leaned in closer to him, our faces only inches apart. I could feel his breath on my skin and I suddenly got very nervous. I shouldn't do this, I shouldn't want to do this. He wasn't comfortable with these types of displays of affection and I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

But then his eyes fluttered shut and I decided it was now or never. I placed my lips gently against his cheek. I felt my heart go a thousand miles a minute. His breath hitched and when I leaned back, I saw that he had opened his eyes again. His eyes wide while he looked at my lips.

"Thank you for being my best friend." I said softly as I took a step back. I could feel my whole face getting red and I hoped that he didn't notice that in the dark.

I was being stupid again; it wasn't like I had never kissed a boy before, and this was just a friendly peck on the cheek. There wasn't more behind it. Feeling his breath on my face, feeling his soft skin against my lips and seeing him close his eyes in anticipation were absolutely not the cause of my heart racing like crazy.

"Uh, you're welcome." He said, it almost sounded like a question. "Talk to you tomorrow?"

His cab was waiting behind us. We had to go back separately to avoid any suspicion in case somebody recognized either of us.

I couldn't help but smile. I knew he had no idea how to react to what I just did; it was almost endearing how nervous he all of a sudden looked.

"Of course. Have a good night, Yoongi." I fought the overwhelming urge to hug him again, I didn't want to press it any more than I already did.

"Sleep well." He said before he got inside the cab.

When I arrived back at the dorms I tried to be as quiet as I could. I didn't want any of the girls to come question where I've been. Although I did have a feeling that Soojin already sort of knew. She gave me these weird looks sometimes, especially when I was looking at me phone and texting Yoongi. She damn well knew I was still talking to him.

"You're home late." A voice came from the kitchen.

I winced. Shit, I thought I was safe. I was almost at my bedroom door.

"Yeah." I said, not really knowing how I was going to explain this. It was close to midnight and we had training early in the morning.

I walked into the kitchen. Soojin was standing there, holding a cup of tea that she was sipping from.

"I couldn't sleep, so I made some tea for myself. You want a cup too? It's herbal, so no caffeine." She asked.

I nodded. "Sure, I could use a cup of tea before I go to bed."

She poured me a cup and we both leaned against the kitchen counter, clutching the cup in our hands.

The warmth of the cup felt nice on my skin. It was pretty cold outside; my fingers were freezing.

"I want you to be honest with me. You know you can trust me." Soojin started and I already knew what was coming. "You see him often, don't you?"

"Yes, I do." I answered. There was no beating around the bush, Soojin could read me like an open book.