Chapter Thirty-Seven: Letter 1

My body dangled from the driver's seat upside down. My phone now on the roof along with shattered glass from the windows. I tried to unbuckle myself multiple times reaching my arms out to try and reach my phone. I screamed out in pain as I reached for it feeling my shoulder making a lot popping noise. I screamed before I started hitting every button on the car trying to remember if the car had synced up with my phone yet. I finally heard a dial tone but it went to a person I didn't want to speak to. His slurred words rang through the speakers fading in and out.

"Don't want to-"

"J-Jack, I-I- need Alex," I spoke out shakily as I heard Alex shouting in the background asking who Jack was talking to.

"LB of course who else? I am not tha-"

"Logan!" Alex was no speaking into the phone as I screamed smelling gasoline and then feeling it on my skin.

"Lex-Lex, I need help. Call help!" I screamed kicking my legs trying to get myself out but it was no use.

"Logan- Logan, I need you to calm down. What is wrong?" Ale said and I heard Lisa in the background.

"Speaker me. It might be my last words. Lex please just help," I sobbed and felt the gasoline continue to leak through the car and drip onto the ground as well.

"Logan-" Lisa said sounding scared.

"Lex I know you're scared of having kids but Jesus Christ you're going to be a good dad one day. Lisa you are going to be one kick-ass mother and I am so sorry I have caused you both so much trouble," I inhaled sharply and it hurt causing me to yelp and groan in pain with every sharp breath.

"Jack, I'm- sorry. I didn't mean what I said and god if there is a person who I would scream at the top of the world that I want to spend my life with it would be you. I am so so sorry. Promise you aren't going to cry this time?" I felt tears now start to roll from my eyes as I heard the engine still hissing.

"Logan you aren't going to die where are-"

"Alex I flipped my car and I can smell the gasoline leaking, the engine is hissing, I can't call for help. Call my dad tell him how fucking sorry I am for making his life miserable," I said and I felt my body shake before I started to give in to the fumes because to look around me.

"I will be there in a minute don't fucking move," I heard Alex growl before I heard a door slam.

I head Jack and him running and I knew they were on foot. I hadn't got that far from Lisa and Alex's house I knew that but I wasn't that close either. I could hear Alex shouting in the speakers as they started to officially give out. My body was still trying but I couldn't get out. I heard Alex's voice getting closer as he shouted for me. I heard sirens as well. I hung upside down and knew my face would be all red I dangled upside down and began to gasp for air feeling that same pain in my chest. I looked down and saw I had blood on me. I began to examine my hands and arms and kept gasping for air.

"Hey, Logan Blake we are going to get you out okay?" I heard someone say and my world became really fuzzy.

I felt two hands on me pressing my body up into the chair before someone cut the seatbelt. I fell into whoever was holding me up getting my favorite necklace ripped off from around my neck in the process. I was laid on a jacket and shimmed out of the car before I was placed on a stretcher. It seemed like hours I was sitting in that car smelling the gasoline fumes but was only around thirty minutes. I heard the voices as I was in the ambulance asking me the very basic questions. I felt someone holding my hand and I couldn't put a name to their face.

I am always with you never forget that Logan Blake. I love you.

I closed my eyes tight and let those words ring in my head for a while taking me into a peaceful abyss. The peaceful abyss was just dark and black like a nightmare. It was a nightmare, the world of my own destruction. I was not adopted I was still living with Tommy's family. Tommy was now the one abusing me and held me captive I was never allowed out. We always fought not always physically but it was a lot of mental abuse.